Bosch bikes, how do you record your rides on Strava?

EnduroIntern

Feb 6, 2024
Israel
I was disappointed to see in this forum that Bosch systems do not play nicely with Garmin. Not showing data etc.
This is quite a big turnoff for me, and its quite a shame with the new flock of G5 bikes coming out.
I got quite used to the comfort of having all the data on my watch. With HPR50 it is quite easy. Power, cadence, battery, speed, all are available on the watch as sensors, and I just need to start an activity.
All the data is uploaded for easy analysis.

So how does one record a ride with a Garmim watch and Bosch motor? Are thing like power just not available?
Do you record with some special app?

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I just use my Garmin and then sync to Strava.

Bosch doesnt really play nice with many apps, nut hopefully that will change one day
flyingpig.gif

EnduroIntern

Feb 6, 2024
Israel
I just use my Garmin and then sync to Strava.

Bosch doesnt really play nice with many apps, nut hopefully that will change one day
So what does show up on the watch?
Are some stats only available after the activity is uploaded? (e.g. power output)

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
I removed the Bosch display, and use a Garmin.

Garmin is capable of:
*showing the correct speed
*setup display pages
*connect to HRM

Pedal power is not possible unfortunately.
For Cadance/speed I installed sensors.

TheSpiralMan

Jul 10, 2024
UK
I was disappointed to see in this forum that Bosch systems do not play nicely with Garmin. Not showing data etc.
This is quite a big turnoff for me, and its quite a shame with the new flock of G5 bikes coming out.
I got quite used to the comfort of having all the data on my watch. With HPR50 it is quite easy. Power, cadence, battery, speed, all are available on the watch as sensors, and I just need to start an activity.
All the data is uploaded for easy analysis.

So how does one record a ride with a Garmim watch and Bosch motor? Are thing like power just not available?
Do you record with some special app?
Presume you are using Bosch eBike Connect phone App (non-smart systems) and not the eBike Flow phone App (smart systems) as the later can connect to Strava & Komoot in the Connected services section in Settings?

EnduroIntern

Feb 6, 2024
Israel
Presume you are using Bosch eBike Connect phone App (non-smart systems) and not the eBike Flow phone App (smart systems) as the later can connect to Strava & Komoot in the Connected services section in Settings?
I am currently not using any of these :)

I do not own a Bosch system emtb, and considering whether to get one.

My current setup is that all the data, including power and battery syncs with my Garmin, and all is uploaded at once.

I wanted to what is possible on Bosch.
1. Sync all to Garmin, which is best, but I understand is impossible
2. Record with some Bosch app, that will also record GPS and heart rate, and have all the bike stats (cadence, power, battery, speed)
3. Some subset or combination of the above

Prozor

Apr 12, 2024
Polska
The following will be sent to Strava:
1. Speed
2. Power
3. Cadence

If you have a smartphone with you (with the Flow app), Flow will also record GPS data. Unfortunately, heart rate data is not recorded, although Flow reads the pulse via BT. Energy consumption or engine power data is not recorded.

If you want to have most of the data, but without power measurement, unfortunately you have to use an external device, e.g. Garmin. And recording power requires either an additional power meter (e.g. in the crank or pedals) or extracting the user's power data from a file recorded by Flow and connecting to data from another device.

Bosch should make power, speed and cadence data available via the BT standard. And if it were possible, then also engine power and energy consumption. One can dream...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles