Bosch Battery reducing assistance w/ 25% charge

LowLow

Oct 30, 2020
Los Angrles
Hi all – I have a Crestline 75/50 with the Bosch Race motor. Today I had the 500wh battery, and when it had about 25% charge it reduced power quite a bit. I turned the bike off and on again and it got better, but then got worse again. It did this a couple of times until I gave up and turned around.

The screen showing how many miles of riding remained was at 1-3 miles depending on the mode. When I took the battery out after I got home, the battery was quite hot. It was about 85-90 degrees out.

I’m hoping that even though it said it has 25% left, it was reducing power because of the steep climb I was on and the fact that it said there was only 1-3 miles of charge left. But In the past, I think I’ve run the battery down to 5% and even 0 miles left and don’t recall there being such a reduction in power. I could be misremembering though.

I also don’t recall the battery ever being so hot but I normally don’t take it out after a ride.

Is all of this normal? I can take it to a shop, but I have a weekend trip coming up with some buddies and don’t want to be left in the backcountry with a 50 pound bike to lug around in 100° weather!

Thanks!

CalebDC

Jul 17, 2024
San Diego, CA
I have heard this issue occur with the brose system and I would imagine it would be similar to the bosch system as well. When the battery percentage dips below a 20 or 25 percent mark, the total amount of assistance within any power mode will be reduced. I would check the battery health in the flow app just to double check. A full charge should solve your issue. Happy Trails!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles