Blue and Red Lights.

ifu03558

Mar 11, 2019
Glasgow
Out on a ride today and 1/4 of the way through the ride the tcu shows a blue and red bar. Assistance cut off at the same time. I tried turning the bike off and on again but it didnt help, opened the power lead thing and gave it a wipe with my gloves and bounced the bike up and down a bit to shake some off the water off it and it started ok. The run today was really wet so I'm thinking it was mibbe moisture on the plug? Bike ran fine all day after that. Just wondering if its an omen of things to come?

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
2020 Turbo Levo Comp

I have a 19 with same issues and eventually it wouldnt turn on. dealer sorted it by sending me a new cable but beforehand asked me to take off the left crank and remove cover before pulling the power cable and checking for water ingress and drying it all out with a compressor (which im fortunate enough to have). that got it going but not for long with the kind of wet rides were having now..

ifu03558

Mar 11, 2019
Glasgow
I have a 19 with same issues and eventually it wouldnt turn on. dealer sorted it by sending me a new cable but beforehand asked me to take off the left crank and remove cover before pulling the power cable and checking for water ingress and drying it all out with a compressor (which im fortunate enough to have). that got it going but not for long with the kind of wet rides were having now..

Was it water getting into the power cable that caused it then? What was the eventual outcome as you say "that got it going but not for long". Are you still having issues?

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Was it water getting into the power cable that caused it then? What was the eventual outcome as you say "that got it going but not for long". Are you still having issues?

it would get worse every ride because they have all been wet lately, I would wash the bike, dry it and use compressed air on the battery and motor connector but the real issue was under the cover where the boot had split on the connector and water was making its way into the plug and onto the terminals and then it wouldnt turn on after I had washed it..
it just got worse and worse and i called the bike shop and they sent me a new cable with improved water ingress protection, fired up straight away time and again..
ive not ridden it yet since I got the cable but im hoping this has solved the problem.

Paul willis

Jun 11, 2020
Wisbech
Just for the record I swapped wheels and did not think I needed magnet as I have had it mapped and can’t use mission control but gives you same symptoms

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles