Bike stand recommendation

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I want to get myself a bike stand purely for washing my bike, I'm not talking about a maintenance stand, I'm talking about something that can be whipped out of my man cave quickly so I can just wheel by bike into on the floor that'll keep it stood up so I can give it a quick rinse off when it gets covered in mud, something that'll last a while without busting my bank account, I'm in the Uk so importing as it'll cost an arm and a leg for that, any recommendations please guys 🙏

LA_Stu

May 4, 2024
Los Angeles
I want to get myself a bike stand purely for washing my bike, I'm not talking about a maintenance stand, I'm talking about something that can be whipped out of my man cave quickly so I can just wheel by bike into on the floor that'll keep it stood up so I can give it a quick rinse off when it gets covered in mud, something that'll last a while without busting my bank account, I'm in the Uk so importing as it'll cost an arm and a leg for that, any recommendations please guys 🙏
If it fits your bike, I really like the FeedbackSports Scorpion stand. The rear wheel is free to rotate, so it's easy to clean it and the drivetrain, and it's also easy enough to rotate the front wheel to clean it.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Thanks for your recommendation’s guys, some really good suggestions there, I’ll weigh up my options and do some more research into it before I part with my Dollar 😉

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
If all you need it something to lean your bike up against so you can wash it, why not look into something multi purpose? We also use these at the end of our rides to chill and talk about how epic our day was ;)

chair.jpg

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
If all you need it something to lean your bike up against so you can wash it, why not look into something multi purpose? We also use these at the end of our rides to chill and talk about how epic our day was ;)

View attachment 148284
Is that eMTB approved? Cause that could be important.…and are they available locally? 😉

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield

View attachment 148284
That might work if I cut a slot in the front of it to hold my front wheel, thanks for the suggestion buddy 😉

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I use this thing for the exact reason you're looking for:

Screenshot 2024-10-15 at 12.21.16.jpg

£32, (was under £25 when I purchased in 2021!) keeps the bike steady whilst I wash it, raises the back wheel so I can clean the drivetrain, and pretty compact. I have an expensive Feedback Pro maintenance stand that I use the rest of the time, but the Gioma thing is ideal for washing and sometimes just standing the bike upright.

3 1/2 years of use, and it still looks like new. Can't fault it!

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver

View attachment 148288

£32, (was under £25 when I purchased in 2021!) keeps the bike steady whilst I wash it, raises the back wheel so I can clean the drivetrain, and pretty compact. I have an expensive Feedback Pro maintenance stand that I use the rest of the time, but the Gioma thing is ideal for washing and sometimes just standing the bike upright.

I am guessing your wife won't let you lean you bike up against the garage or house wall to wash your bike?

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
My Wife has got nothing to do with it buddy I look after my property and I wouldn’t want to lean my bike against the wall of my house as it’s a stone cottage and covering it with mud wouldn’t be nice, whereas mud on my lawn would wash away easily but I’d rather my bike was stood upright so I could get all the way around it, the same goes for my garden workshop too, it’s too pretty to get muddy pal 😁🙏

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I am guessing your wife won't let you lean you bike up against the garage or house wall to wash your bike?
This one is nothing to do with my wife I'm afraid...

My bike is usually caked in mud when I get home. I'm the one that cleans and looks after our driveway... so the last thing I want is to wash the excess mud off my bike onto it. Mud gets into the cracks of the lock blocks and takes a lot of hosing to get it out.

At the side of my house is a storm drain on the road. I position my bike above this (in the stand) and hose it - so most of the grime gets washed away. Some MucOff cleaner and Peaty's drivetrain cleaner, a few mins with a brush... then a rinse / quick dry, and it comes back inside.
The same token - the garage is MY room (the rest of the house would be classed as hers!!), and I'd rather not take my bike dripping with mud in there. The bike is always cleaned and lubed before I make my way to the shower!!

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield

View attachment 148288

That’s perfect for what I want it for👍, I’ll be able to wash my bike without leaning it against my house or workshop 😁 cheers buddy 🙏 I think that reply was directed at me but hey ho, my nickname used to be Ducks back, because everything just rolls off, like mud 🤣🤣

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield

View attachment 148288

Thanks for your recommendation buddy, I watched a couple of YouTube videos and it looks really robust, anyway I’ve bought one and it says it will be here with me tomorrow, don’t you just love Amazon Prime 😁🥰

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
That’s perfect for what I want it for👍, I’ll be able to wash my bike without leaning it against my house or workshop 😁 cheers buddy 🙏 I think that reply was directed at me but hey ho, my nickname used to be Ducks back, because everything just rolls off, like mud 🤣🤣
Ha ha… my reason is pretty much the same as yours anyway! My wife couldn’t give an arse if I wash the bike against the house, but I don’t want the mess to clean up 😂😂

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire

View attachment 148288

I’ve got three of these ^^ now

Not only are they perfect for cleaning the bike, but as the rear wheel is lifted off the ground you can easily clean / maintain / lube the cassette & chain etc

I then bring them inside for bike stands when charging / locking up. I use these far more than I do my full tripod maintenance stand which is gathering cobwebs in the back of my garage

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles