Bike repair stands

Matt Seabrook

Jun 9, 2018
St Austell Cornwall
Sorry I know this has been covered before but I am specifically interested in a Park tools PRS-25 stand. I have had two previous cheaper stands and to be honest they hold the bike but if you want the bike level it just drops the front wheel. This indicates that they are just not up to the job of holding the bike. Both stands are rated for 40kg but if I cant hold the bike at the angle I want its not up to the job. I’m guessing that my bike is somewhere around 24-25kg being a Trek rail 9. I clamp via the dropper post so there is a lot of weight forward on the clamp. I would hope being Park Tools that they would be better as the PRS-25 is a lot more expensive that the others I have brought. I know that for some clamping the dropper is controversial but I am ok with it. Does anybody have first hand of the model please?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Sorry I know this has been covered before but I am specifically interested in a Park tools PRS-25 stand. I have had two previous cheaper stands and to be honest they hold the bike but if you want the bike level it just drops the front wheel. This indicates that they are just not up to the job of holding the bike. Both stands are rated for 40kg but if I cant hold the bike at the angle I want its not up to the job. I’m guessing that my bike is somewhere around 24-25kg being a Trek rail 9. I clamp via the dropper post so there is a lot of weight forward on the clamp. I would hope being Park Tools that they would be better as the PRS-25 is a lot more expensive that the others I have brought. I know that for some clamping the dropper is controversial but I am ok with it. Does anybody have first hand of the model please?
I use the Saris bar to suspend my Rail 9.7 in the Park tool stand. Both wheels are level, off the floor and ready for servicing.
0DC32801-DFC5-4444-9367-74AF194F7C9A.jpeg

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I have the PCS-10, have owned for a few years, needed a decent foldable work stand & clamp bikes at all angles inc e-bikes can always remove wheels or front wheel & battery to reduce weight, I clamp on lower part of dropper below stanchion, takes seconds to raise & lower through frame, I now have a Rise. It used to own 2019 Vitus E-Sommet for weight reference

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
This is my dream. I haven't bought yet, but one day.

Pro Ultralight Bicycle Repair Stand​

Matt Seabrook

Jun 9, 2018
St Austell Cornwall

Nice looking stand.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US

I have had an Ultimate stand for decades, the brand before Feedback bought them. Great stand and folds great.

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
I have the pcs 10.3. I’ve had a couple of Whyte ebikes, a Trek Rail and a Mondraker Crafty in it with no problem.
One of the Whytes was about 26kg and it was fine clamped in the dropper, really rate it.
I’ve had it a couple of years but when I first bought it the jaws were too large to clamp properly into a seatpost. I emailed Parktool and weirdly they didn’t seem to think it was an issue, I ended up using some cut bits of sheet rubber round the dropper to pack it, annoying on an expensive stand.
Anyway about 4 months later they sent me some redesigned jaws free of charge.
It’s very well built and feels like it will last for years, I would imagine the 25 is even better.

Matt Seabrook

Jun 9, 2018
St Austell Cornwall
ECAA03C2-7255-4FCC-A28B-55F3A1B8EEA0.jpeg

Thank you all for your input. I decided to pull the trigger last night and ordered a PRS-25 from Wiggle. It turned up today and looks well made. The pro stands having the all metal head would have been nice but way over my budget. So I tried my hard tail in it and as you can see it held it no problem. I will try the Rail in it soon but it should also be ok.

I am now going to use my old repair stand and wash stand. It wasn’t expensive and if it gets mucked up I am not to previous about it.

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I use my old work stand above a folding workbench from Screwfix to service my forks

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Inverness

You don’t want this one for your e-bike, I learned that the hard way. It’s really unstable with a heavy e-bike in it, my levo almost fell over a few times. I’ve got the Pro HD for the e-bike now, it’s much better. The clamping device alone is worth it, it’s the best one Feedback has done.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I bought the CXWXC brand from Amazon in 2020 and it’s still going strong, it holds my Whyte e150rs with no issues and it’s got the handlebar brace bar, absolutely fantastic value for money, if I was super critical, the only thing that I’d change would be the clamp size, it’s a bit chunky and the only place it’ll hold my bike on the top tube is right at the end near the steerer tube but it’s got a toothed clamp to stop it spinning so it’ll hold my bike even still

Last edited:

Mikehorti

Subscriber
Apr 29, 2021
Surrey
Does anybody have first hand of the model please?
I love this stand and I'm glad I spent the extra cash on a top of the range stand. It holds my Whyte e150rs (25kg) absolutely fine, even with the battery in. The stand is easily adjustable even when the bike is clamped and it can hold the bike inverted without fuss, although i prefer to remove the battery when inverted to shave a few kg’s off

If you’re in the UK, the stand is currently great value at Wiggle! Team Issue Repair Workstand PRS-25

And I’ve never had an issue clamping the dropper. This Park Tool vid sold me on the concept

aimage

Jul 8, 2021
New Zealand

I have the PRS-25 and have no issues mounting my Rail 9. I use the upper bar near the balance point and I can rotate the bike to suit any of the areas I want to work on. Its stable and there is zero damage to the paint finish with the soft jaws. Can't ask for more.

Matt Seabrook

Jun 9, 2018
St Austell Cornwall
I love this stand and I'm glad I spent the extra cash on a top of the range stand. It holds my Whyte e150rs (25kg) absolutely fine, even with the battery in. The stand is easily adjustable even when the bike is clamped and it can hold the bike inverted without fuss, although i prefer to remove the battery when inverted to shave a few kg’s off

If you’re in the UK, the stand is currently great value at Wiggle! Team Issue Repair Workstand PRS-25

And I’ve never had an issue clamping the dropper. This Park Tool vid sold me on the concept
That’s a great video and really puts some numbers to facts. A static 25kg on the post is much less than a 90kg rider hitting a bump out on the trails when sat down. 🤙🏼

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
i have ordered one to replace my current system used since several years (+- same but only manual)

I have also already seen one similar DIY with an electric roller shutter system. In any case, for my point of view. Manual or electrical it's better than all stands, who necessitate to lift manually the bike

DSCF1968.JPG

Last edited:

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
The clamping system, on a service stand, doesn’t seem suitable for a carbon frame eMTB. I use the fake bar to suspend my eMTB for servicing or storage. The weight of the eMTB is distributed between the stem and dropper.

There was some concern with the battery on an AXS Reverb dropper, but if the bar is fitted properly at the time …no problem. The most difficult part was lifting the eMTB 5” off the floor.

If you have the room (or the $$$$) the electric or anti-gravity stands seem nice. They usually extend from the floor to the ceiling, but if you’re not a service bike centre …not necessary. And if I can’t lift my eMTB a few inches …might be time to re-think my hobby.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles