Bike Quotes

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
This was on the cover of a notepad that I received as a stocking filler.
Bike Quotes.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I love Frances Willard: Link Here..

Impressive .. how did a lady who died over 120 years ago know about he internet !

"The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum."

At the same time, she obviously didn't have a clue when it came to bicycle pricing inflation, upgrades, tyres, e-bike batteries or cycling clothing over the next 150 years with this cycling quote :

"Tens of thousands who could never afford to own, feed and stable a horse, had by this bright invention enjoyed the swiftness of motion which is perhaps the most fascinating feature of material life."

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Impressive .. how did a lady who died over 120 years ago know about he internet !

"The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum."

At the same time, she obviously didn't have a clue when it came to bicycle pricing inflation, upgrades, tyres, e-bike batteries or cycling clothing over the next 150 years with this cycling quote :

"Tens of thousands who could never afford to own, feed and stable a horse, had by this bright invention enjoyed the swiftness of motion which is perhaps the most fascinating feature of material life."

Also a slight indication that she knew about WD40

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
“We must choose. Be a child of the past with all its crudities and imperfections, its failures and defeats, or a child of the future, the future of symmetry and ultimate success”

I can only surmise here that she was warning us never to use oval chainrings

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles