Bike dilemma

Anthonye6g

Nov 1, 2021
uk
Hello
I have posted before, have had a Kellys Theos on order since September 2021 whilst I understand the situation wherein with Covid it keeps getting put back and back all the time, there has been very little in the way of tests and communication, with this in mind will probably cancel my order and look elsewhere, this is what I have narrowed it down to.
Merida eone sixty 9000
Nukeproof megawatt factory
or Marin e2.
What I am after is for you guys and gals out there who have any of the above to give real-world advice on pros and cons as to which will be the one to swing my leg over.
Thanks
Anthony
Any advice would be greatly received

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Merida eOne-Sixty 9000. I love it! Great in every respect, and in love the natural ride feel delivered by the EP8 motor. There is one tiny flawin my enjoyment. There is that one short steep climb that I just cannot get up! I have tried and tried and used all sorts of tactics, but it has defeated me. I managed just once to get my front wheel to the top which my riding buddy called a success, but I didn't get the whole bike over the top so it was not. In the hands of someone fitter and stronger I doubt there would be a problem. My riding buddy reckons it's a psychological problem because he has seen me ride up steeper and longer stuff elsewhere. He might be correct, as that effin' climb is still there, mocking me! :cry:

Apart from that one small thing, I have zero regrets about the bike. I failed to find any negative reviews when I was looking.

If you are great at climbing, I would have no doubts, just dive in. Cracking bike.

If climbing is important to you, look for the review that "Rob Rides EMTB" did on the climbing abilities of several different motors on this forum. It may make your choice an easy one.

Whitby Chris

Jul 13, 2021
Whitby
I ride a Whyte, but I did have a ride on a Nukeproof Megawatt a bit back and I have to admit it was really nice, and the spec you get for the price I think its one of the best.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles