Big ol newb

EbikeCurious

Aug 8, 2019
USA
Hi guys,

I’m new to the E scene...was actually mildly anti E until a few months ago when I demoed one. Almost all of the cons were quickly shown to be fallacious at that point, with the possible exception of trail access stuff in the US. Incredible fun, potential timesaver for a busy dad of 4 young ones, and great workout tool. The main benefit for me would be that I could bike commute every day (live 8 miles from work, with some trail and trail options on the way).

So I’m now looking around...stickler is that I am massive...7 ft and about 255 lbs. YT Decoy and the 2020 external battery Commencal Meta Power 29 are top of the list right now. I demoed an XL 2019 Commie on the Whistler Valley trails for three days this last weekend, and was blown away.

Does anybody have any input regarding these two? The newer Commie is bigger and can be fitted with a reach extending headset. How about ride comparisons?

Anyone know any other big Ebikes (enduro side of things) out or coming out soon?

Thanks!

BigLee

Jul 12, 2019
Lake District cumbria
And I thought I was at the extreme of the size range of mtb's at 6'6" and 16 stones! ? Cube do a 22" frame and I believe the 2020 models have an inch longer top tube. I'm looking between a cube, not sure which model until the 2020 comes out and a focus jam2 although the xl in those is a 19.5 inch, both 29er ??

Lee

Jun 11, 2019
Lancaster
I think Mondraker have a reputation for doing long bikes with a reach that is larger than other manufacturers, could be worth looking at theirs. Rob also did a video testing a Mondraker a while back on his youtube channel.
HTH

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles