Big milestones!

LePaddy

Apr 5, 2022
North Yorkshire
Well yesterday, after nearly 2 months of ownership, I have passed the 1000km mark with my Focus Thron2. I am a noob to mtb and e-bike but I am seriously addicted.
20220605_144642.jpg

Also yesterday, for the first time time in my life, I went over the handlebars! I was on a bridleway in the North York Moors and was trying to negotiate a gulley in the middle of the track when my wheel washed away, went 90 degree and I flew over the handlebars. Thankfully, I landed in (soft) bushes but managed to scratch my shins on something ... perhaps time for some shins pad ...
20220604_175038.jpg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Did you ride bikes at all before 2 months ago? 0 to 70+miles a week is quite a jump. Even motorised.
Tiny abrasions like that are fairly commonplace and just part and parcel of riding mtb really.
Few people use shin pads these days at all and body armour would generally be considered a bit OTT for bridleway riding. But if it makes you feel safer while learning. Why not?

Digging dog

May 25, 2022
Greater Manchester
Been riding MTBs 18+ years, just gone to EMTB in January this year and started getting shin damage. Nearly always used knee pads when I knew the riding was going to be interesting.

LePaddy

Apr 5, 2022
North Yorkshire
Did you ride bikes at all before 2 months ago? 0 to 70+miles a week is quite a jump. Even motorised.
Tiny abrasions like that are fairly commonplace and just part and parcel of riding mtb really.
Few people use shin pads these days at all and body armour would generally be considered a bit OTT for bridleway riding. But if it makes you feel safer while learning. Why not?

I did not ride an MTB before but I think I am fairly fit (I exercise every day). Although I have to admit that my knees were hurting at the beginning and I was totally knackered after a 35miles ride. I am accident prone and so I will try some shin pads....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles