Beware ! Endura shocking quality gloves!

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
Bought these last year when things relaxed a bit after first lockdown. At Leeds evans . Wore once on a small ride and they failed terribly. Then we were back in lockdown, stupidly lost my receipt, now evans online not interested (got my Apple Pay proof of purchase) and Endura not interested . Really bad quality ! Just a wee moan ? not buying Endura again!
D333F7E2-CE24-4323-9FAC-0DB832473D26.jpeg

669A3DF5-B8B1-4AA8-8AF4-462E4A5F3A9F.jpeg

35933D5A-B635-4D52-BE18-ACF8109F742C.jpeg

3456F10E-39F5-4ED3-97C2-2EF10827DB14.jpeg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Shame really, they look like a nice pair of gloves with the vent sections and comfy palm.

Going to try some "racer" light weight ones for summer as my Fox's are too heavy and my light Fox's lost a finger in a crash.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Have you tried chucking those pics all over ArseBook and Insta? That may get you a result.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Bought these last year when things relaxed a bit after first lockdown. At Leeds evans . Wore once on a small ride and they failed terribly. Then we were back in lockdown, stupidly lost my receipt, now evans online not interested (got my Apple Pay proof of purchase) and Endura not interested . Really bad quality ! Just a wee moan ? not buying Endura again!
View attachment 64283

View attachment 64284

View attachment 64285

View attachment 64286

That looks like the all-too-common problem of manufacturers making the seam allowances too narrow to save a few pennies-worth of fabric.
This results on the thread pulling the edges of the fabric on the seams apart when subjected to the smallest amount of stress.
It is especially common on mesh type fabrics due to their loose weave.
Steve's suggestion of sewing them up might work but they are likely to pull apart again, and as you will have to take up more fabric to form new seams, the fingers will end up narrower and might not fit you.

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
That looks like the all-too-common problem of manufacturers making the seam allowances too narrow to save a few pennies-worth of fabric.
This results on the thread pulling the edges of the fabric on the seams apart when subjected to the smallest amount of stress.
It is especially common on mesh type fabrics due to their loose weave.
Steve's suggestion of sewing them up might work but they are likely to pull apart again.
Yeah I mean .. a £25 spend, which I spose is bottom end in terms of mtb gear these days , you expect to get more than one ride out of them still ?. Annoying reading all the bull shit marketing chat on the website about quality and guarantee etc . ?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I bought some Handske gloves from Cyclorise a few months ago and unfortunately they started falling apart at the seams

Sent the below photo to Cyclorise, a new pair of gloves was posted the next day, FOC. Can’t argue with that

A40F6B2E-0194-4FAA-98F9-62EB222BD474.jpeg

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
I hate riding in gloves and haven't worn them for the best part of two decades now. I do sometimes rip the skin on my hands open but no more than a handfull ;) of times a year.
Handily ;) the material is self repairing.
I have ridden without gloves but the final time I did it was when I crashed and ended up picking grit out of my flesh ? I wasnt a big fan of that so always wear em now..

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I have a pair of Fox Defend Kevlar gloves with D30 knuckles. They cost about £50, and after a couple of months they burst. They’d had a fairly easy life, and it was near the closure where they went.

Bought from the Fox store, so I emailed some photos. They responded after a couple of weeks and asked me to pick another pair and they’d send them out. I picked a pair, and a few weeks later, they advised they were out of stock. I picked another pair, and a few weeks later the same thing.

Fast forward almost 8 months, I now have a new FOC pair in the post due to arrive this week.

I appreciate Fox claiming they’re very busy and understaffed due to Covid… but 8 months is taking the piss! Hopefully the replacements last a bit longer!!

Blokie

May 30, 2019
Derbyshire, UK
I've got the same model gloves as the OP and mine are still as new after probably 30 rides, including chucking in the wash every couple of weeks, so seems like a faulty pair. Very poor service from Endura though!

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
I think you may just have been unlucky. I have the exact same gloves and have worn them for over a year, admittedly not on every ride but on most. I have always found Endura kit to be reasonably well made.

Al

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
Evans should replace them, simple as that. A good LBS wouldn't demand a proof of purchase - If they stock the item they should be able to process a faulty replacement. But Evans isn't a good LBS anymore. Sad to see what they have become in the last two years :(

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have a couple of pairs of Endura gloves that are going strong a couple of years into use, better constructed than my Fox and TLD ones (TLD ones in particular are very poorly put together)

Surprised they haven't swapped them for a new pair.

Decathlon gloves are good at reasonable prices.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I've got some 100% Briskers that have done 2 winters and look like new still, a pair of Dakine that have done two summers and also look good as new. Both get washed whenever they need it. I've also got a pair of Fox gloves that look they've been through a shredder after a few months.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Here are my Endura Windproof gloves. I've had them four years. The first thing I did was to remove the gel bar across the top of the palm. Just cut the stitching at one end and pull out the gel bar with tweezers. Very happy with them, so much so that I have a new pair waiting for these to wear out. Sadly, they don't make them any more!
Endura windproof front.jpg
Endura Windproof back.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles