Levo Gen 2 Better Exercise with Levo than MTB

KenGPS

Aug 9, 2020
Alaska, USA
Took my new Levo out for it's first off-road ride today. Was shocked to see how much more vigorous a workout I got over a regular MTB. My theory would be that with my advanced age lungs (58) I tend to ride a steady pace so I don't run out of energy on the many uphills where I ride. With the Levo I found myself charging up full bore, then using the E-Motor power to rescue me when I was tapped out if I didn't make it all the way up. This seems to be what is called "HIIT" method of exercise. "High Intensity Interval Training". See the Fitbit chart. I've never seen a chart for me that looks like that before.

Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 2.53.56 AM.png

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
I am seeing similar results with my Levo SL, where my average and peak heart rate is about the same as it is with my MTB. I just go faster and get more of a breeze which is nice in hot, humid weather. We are probably used to a certain level of exertion and will do that no matter what we are riding.

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
For me it's the opposite. On an acoustic bike I go 100%, partially because I just run out of gears so I don't have a choice. I spend a lot more time at threshold and beyond. The Levo has a allowed me to have much healthier rides IMO. I used to have peak heartrates above 200 on almost every ride, and my average was 175-185. With the Levo my peaks are in the 190's and my average is more like 155-165. It's so much easier to manage my pace now too. For example, when I hit a downhill after a long uphill I'm not totally sucking wind and nearly crashing...

I used to only ride for 30-60 painful minutes. Now I'm comfortably doing 90-120 minute rides most of the time.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles