Battery will not stay

Chriss111

Jan 16, 2020
Sweden
I have a -epark 730 2018 and today I saw that the battery not were 100% mounted after my ride in the woods.

I pushed it back and as a test a I got the bike just on the back wheel and dropped it and could see the battery would have slipped out a few milimeters.

It have always been a ridiculously hard to remove/mount it and still are. The lock mechanism seems to work but no real click when mounting the battery, like this YT clip.

As work around, I will use a strap...
Is there anyone here who have had the same issue? And is it possible to purchase a new lock/mounting kit?

Chriss111

Jan 16, 2020
Sweden
I purchased the Shimano TL-BME03 (gauge tool) and what a waste of money!

On my bike the top(locking) and bottom(battery connector) does not have the "correct" clearnce according to the gauge tool and if I were to adjust this the battery would never fit at all?!

I removed the battery cover or maybe the fender, I have no idea it's called and mounted the battery again just to see how the locking mechanism works and by fooling around a little with the lock I see a small cylinder that's really misplaced ;-) I have attached a picture..
I remove the misplaced metal thing and now I can here the distinct click sound when the battery is locked correctly.

I have made same changes and upgrades to my bike and two of them is changing the caliper = new hose and removed the Scott twinlock and the cylinder may have been on the end of the older cable hoses?

It is still a little struggle to remove and mount the battery as before but I can take that as long it's works.

DSC_1401.JPG

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles