Battery intermittently cuts out on Haibike Trekker 3.0

manzaboy

May 1, 2023
UK
Hi, everyone I am looking for some advice as my wife's 2019 Haibike Trekker 3.0 (Bosch motor and power tube) has got an issue where it loses power and the display says no battery. The Speedo disappears.
It's a lovely bike so I am reluctant to trade it in but I don't know how bad the problem is.
I was just trying to get a feel for what kind of issue it might be. The local eBike service centre want to charge £30 to even look at it...
Anyone had a similar problem? It's out of warranty so no chance of a manufacturer fix.
Many thanks in advance.

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
Keeping an eye on this thread as had similar issue with my new gen 4 motor.

Working fine all day then got caught in a heavy down pour and the motor stopped assisting.

Kiox display functioned as normal just no power too the motor. I don't recall any error message on the display.

I turned the bike off and on again and it went back to normal thankfully.

I think first thing to check is the wiring coming from the controller and display, then the connections into the motor. Give every thing a clean with electrical contact cleaner and apply some electrical grease.
Also check the connections in the battery tray.

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Haibike downtubes are known for having loose batteries, you can adjust the locking connector so the battery fits snugger or buy a shim that does the same thing I think.

Take a look at my video for the Hardseven 2.5 with a Yamaha drive which may give you ideas or help somewhat.

And like already mentioned, check the contacts especially for water and clean them if so

Chris808

Aug 17, 2020
Bolton
i had a loose battery, wouldnt charge after ride in the heavy rain so thought it was the rain, unplugged battery and plugged it back in and it charged.. maybe it was both :) Haibike allmtn 10

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles