Battery extender cable unplugs

ridesantacruz

Feb 4, 2020
Santa Cruz
On several rides the range extender cable has unplugged from the battery during the bike ride. I have the rubber band that comes with the battery pulled down enough to keep the battery from coming out of the z water bottle cage, but it's then to low to keep the cable from coming out of the battery. I have tried finding another specialized rubber band online but so far I have not been able to find one. Anyone else have this same issue? Solutions?

ridesantacruz

Feb 4, 2020
Santa Cruz
Thanks for the good advice! I was more nervous about the battery coming out of the cage so I have the retainer band down to keep the battery from coming out. I will move it up to keep the plug in. Thanks!

Surge

Aug 20, 2018
Toronto
You also need to lock the cable where it connects to the bike. It doesn’t just push in, you turn the ring about a half turn to lock it in.

CapnPaul

Nov 7, 2020
Los Osos, CA
I've had the same issue with the cable coming unplugged. I found that I have to really grip the battery and use both thumbs to press it in hard. It goes in another 2mm and the o-rings seat fully. Haven't had a problem since, but as a precaution I'm going to run a velcro strap around it. A wrap or two of electrician's tape would do the trick as well.

TurboJoe

Jul 11, 2020
San Jose, CA
You can buy the rubber bands engraved with "Specialized" from a Specialized retailer. They can order them. For some reason, Specialized does not list all the parts that are available for their bikes on their website. For some things they want you to go thru a retailer. Problem is I don't think the average retailer knows what parts are available.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles