Bafang Ultra.Reduce assist level 1 to 1/2?

offtheback

Aug 25, 2022
USA
Have a Bafang Ultra on an HP Velotechnik Scorpion FS.when I try to ride with friends on upright bikes level 1 of assist is too high.Is there a way to hack the controller to provide a level of 1/2 even if instead of having levels 1-9 I end up with 1/2-4 or so?

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Have a Bafang Ultra on an HP Velotechnik Scorpion FS.when I try to ride with friends on upright bikes level 1 of assist is too high.Is there a way to hack the controller to provide a level of 1/2 even if instead of having levels 1-9 I end up with 1/2-4 or so?

It depends on the version of Ultra, or M620/G510, you have whether it is a UART, a little older, or CanBus, newer. If it is UART you can get a programming cable that will allow you to do exactly what you seek to do. If it is CanBus at this time it isn't.

offtheback

Aug 25, 2022
USA
It depends on the version of Ultra, or M620/G510, you have whether it is a UART, a little older, or CanBus, newer. If it is UART you can get a programming cable that will allow you to do exactly what you seek to do. If it is CanBus at this time it isn't.
Thanks so much for your reply!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles