Audio - Hifi hearing loss adjustment software

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Saw this on another forum and it looks interesting.

Presently free for pre-release , mac and windows.

From the author on the other forum :

I’m introducing novel technology that represents a divergent approach on hearing correction (sound personalization) that, from a technical perspective, aims to restore the perception of near 'perfect' hearing with only a piece of software. It’s free software. It works with all listening devices. It’s so novel I am not sure what to call it—sound personalization, hearing refinement, hearing correction, maybe even room correction for your ears.

In branded speak its revolutionary hearing refinement technology that calibrates audio across all devices to your full-spectrum hearing profile. Hearing profile here means your threshold of hearing from 125Hz-20kHz. Be cautious when you see the term hearing profile out there. It is a term that seems to mean everything and nothing right now. I hope to change that.

I invite you to audition my free technology and let me know your impressions. It is one of my internal development favorites. We are a small team of two and hope the community is interested in providing feedback on the technology, how it sounds to you, or even the general problem we’re addressing.

You can dive into general details at https://Altitude.Audio, which is where you can download it for free to lend your ears. Or ask me anything you want to know. I hope it improves your daily enjoyment and connection with your music, just like it has for me.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I have just had hearing aids fitted and went through the three-month adjustment process. What stood out to me in the above post is this:
"In branded speak its revolutionary hearing refinement technology that calibrates audio across all devices to your full-spectrum hearing profile."​

My audiologist explained to me that she could not restore my hearing to what it was because I had lost so much at the higher frequency end of the spectrum that the hearing aid would have to deliver almost 90dB! That is beyond the safe amount. No amount of revolutionary technology can overcome that.
I am never going to get my full-spectrum hearing profile. At the higher frequency end, the best I'm going to get is 85%.

I am delighted with my hearing aids which are the Phonak Slim L90-R.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles