Are there meetings I can go to for this addiction??

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
I just can’t stop upgrading my Rail....Magura MT7’s arrived today, and got a notification from Fanatik that Factory 38’s were back in stock...so of course I had to order one to replace my 36.... lol. Oh and Next R carbon bars...only thing left from stock is the derailleur, cassette, cranks, and shifter......I don’t think I’ve had the thing for 3 weeks yet...lol.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I just can’t stop upgrading my Rail....Magura MT7’s arrived today, and got a notification from Fanatik that Factory 38’s were back in stock...so of course I had to order one to replace my 36.... lol. Oh and Next R carbon bars...only thing left from stock is the derailleur, cassette, cranks, and shifter......I don’t think I’ve had the thing for 3 weeks yet...lol.
Isn’t there a “help group” for this affliction? I don’t think this is Covid related but c’mon. I haven’t upgraded as fast as you but…my Rail 9.7 is probably a Rail 9.7.8.9.10 by now.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Isn’t there a “help group” for this affliction? I don’t think this is Covid related but c’mon. I haven’t upgraded as fast as you but…my Rail 9.7 is probably a Rail 9.7.8.9.10 by now.
Just having a laugh with this post....originally was planning on keeping this bike stock but as usual....I can’t seem to do that. I do this with all of my bikes... I started by buying a complete then upgrading every part on it....then buying another frame to build with the swapped parts... then doing it over and over again....I ended up with 3 Evils, Orbea Rallon, and a Commencal last year. Sold 3 for great prices....thank you COVID supply chain, and bought the ebike. Now I’ve got a bunch of parts in the bin again and process is repeating...in reality, I just enjoy building the bikes.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
It’s been difficult to manage the new levels of constant bling available for my ride. With 2022 models now available I’m beginning to wonder what the 2024 models might bring. My current Rail 9.7 is nothing like it was in late 2019. I’m not opposed to new technologies if it makes sense to me and my riding style but now it’s a waiting game. I want it now.
Besides the Sram AXS derailer (modified to a Shimano HG cassette and chain)and AXS Reverb dropper(waiting since Nov. 21), I’m now thinking about the Magura bar with internal brakes. Since the frame and motor are the items I’m unlikely to change, and I’ve exhausted some obvious upgrades, next I want to cleanup the cockpit.
I almost can’t wait until my stock hub packs it in. 👋🏻

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I just can’t stop upgrading
Might just be this site, but seems super common with Emtb owners. More so than normal mtbers. Or anyone I'd actually ride with anyway.
Out of interest. How much do you actually ride?

Last edited:

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Might just be this site, but seems super common with Emtb owners. More so than normal mtbers. Or no one I'd actually ride with anyway.
Out of interest. How much do you actually ride?
1-3 times per week, eMTB and regular. It’s just in my nature. I just upgraded the crap out of my X01 Transition Spur that I picked up in October….I have a Rise H15 on order and will probably tinker with that on too…already ordered it with all of the factory upgrades, but will probably get wheels, tires, plus my go-to bars/stem/grips/pedals…

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California

Yeah, we have support groups that meet several times a week. The place varies, but it's always near a trailhead. And the the meetings usually tend to reinforce our addictions. w00t! Your'e gonna like the MT7's.

I had to look up American Canyon. I've never heard of it, but for a year I lived just a couple miles from you in Benicia. I could hop on my TM400 and in two minutes be in the grass covered hills. I'm sure the area's changed since then, and my trails are surely gone.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles