Anyone using Viewranger?

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Just half read an email saying they're merging.
Does that mean VRs going ?
I've paid a lot for map tiles and got loads o routes & tracks saved n wouldn't like t lose them.
If anyone's on VR, be a doll and check up will ya, I'm too lazy arsed and getting buckled while watching inane shite hoping i sleep thru most of tomorrow .
Cheers me dears.
Barber oot .

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Mines mostly pyrenees Cumbria and Northumberland.
I'll ask them , they've usually been good at responding.
Best download my routes etc just in case.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I'm not sure either..prior to going on a yearly subscription ( whole of country) I had loads of tracks saved ..they seem to have disappeared ..all of my bought maps are still there though .
I have yet to merge ..and don't particularly want to either ..

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Heres the reply....
"Hello.

ViewRanger is now part of Outdooractive and ViewRanger is no longer selling new subscriptions. Any existing VR subscripting will be honoured until it expires in 2021.

Outdooractive works on a subscription basis. When connect your ViewRanger account to Outdooractive (see below), you'll be given a free period or a voucher based on what you own in ViewRanger. The subscription gives you the whole country, plus numerous other countries, rather than needing to buy separate subscriptions in ViewRanger. The maps are all up to date, updated regularly. And for OS GB, the maps are the high resolution ones, not available in ViewRanger.

Any gifted OA subscription will not automatically renew when it expires. OA charge an annual fee of €30 for Pro or €60 for Pro+ (or in-app £26.99 for PRO and £53.99 for PRO+).

You can continue using ViewRanger, it is not stopping, but we are only doing maintenance on it now, no new development.

Outdooractive bought the company behind ViewRanger, with the aim of combining the two to make the best possible outdoors app and service. Over the last year we've been working to add the best features of ViewRanger to Outdooractive (for example Buddy Beacon, Skyline, Wear, Challenges), and that continues, with the aim of making Outdooractive the best app. So we do expect most people will choose to move to Outdooractive over the coming year. But you are welcome to stay using ViewRanger too."

Baffled 1

Nov 10, 2019
Warwick
I have just spotted this post and been a VR user from the start. I read the Barbers post and popped on to the play store to look at Outdooractive they have terrible reviews.
Don't click the link within VR or it will be to late. Keep with your original Viewranger app until it at some point may disappear.
But for the moment l understand it is going to carry on but with limited if any updates or input from the VR team and to honest who cares as its running faultless as it is anyway. Good luck.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles