Anyone riding on Maxxis Dissectors?

Underblu

Aug 22, 2021
USA
I decided the Minion DHF DHR2 are a little to heavy duty for my needs as I’d like less rolling resistance. I was considering the Rekons but the Dissectors max terra seem like they might be good comprise offering leas rolling resistance but plenty of traction. Anyone use these tire front and/or rear?

I believe The Orbea Rise comes with Rekons in the back and the Dissector upfront. Interesting as apparently from what I read, the Dissector was initially designed as a rear tire.

Ducman71

Apr 8, 2021
Orange County, CA
Depends on terrain, and expectations. Lots of people piss on the Dissector/Rekon setup, but I've been more than happy with the stock tires on my Rise so far in terms of both rolling efficiency and grip, but most of the trails around here (SoCal) are dry and hard packed. I won't concern myself with swapping them to something else until they are worn. YMMV.

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
I swapped out the rear on my Rise for the DHR2 2.3 EXO TR and it's lighter than the Dissector 2.4 that came stock on the Rise. Maybe as expected being a smaller 2.3, but it's all about the compound you select. I see no reason the run a 3c Max Terra on the rear as it's heavier and will wear out quicker. I paired the DHR2 with a Magic Mary 2.4 on the front, which is also slightly lighter than the stock Dissector.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles