Anyone here who have purchased from jonito.de??

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
Haven't personally ordered from them, but some desk research suggests they should be OK. Since Covid, numerous webshops seem to be popping up everywhere, and all to many are (in my opinion) rather deceptive (Chinese dropshippers creating websites with local domain names, local-language website content, and cloacking who they really are...)
The reviews and address (google maps shows a warehouse) of this one looks to be OK.

Will337

Jan 11, 2021
South East
Hey Endurip did you buy? I'm looking to purchase from there too. From what I can tell we just have to pay 20% VAT on import right?

Cheers

Endurip

Jan 9, 2021
Sweden
Hey Endurip did you buy? I'm looking to purchase from there too. From what I can tell we just have to pay 20% VAT on import right?

Cheers
Hi
I Purchased from Jonito 1,5 weeks ago, but have not yet got a confirmation that they received the money. So I’m pretty nervous right now. My bank said it can take up to two weeks, but its quite bad from Jonito not to answer my mail regarding this.
Hopefully it’s all good.

Im in EU, so the Vat is included in the price, I think it’s 20% as you say.

Will337

Jan 11, 2021
South East
Hi
I Purchased from Jonito 1,5 weeks ago, but have not yet got a confirmation that they received the money. So I’m pretty nervous right now. My bank said it can take up to two weeks, but its quite bad from Jonito not to answer my mail regarding this.
Hopefully it’s all good.

Im in EU, so the Vat is included in the price, I think it’s 20% as you say.

Hey man, I think you will be okay fingers crossed for you. I am UK so not EU but as we have a trade deal we just pay 20% VAT by the looks of it. I am taking advantage of the £ Sterling 1 year high against the Euro. Perhaps a £500 saving.

Alpina_Bloke

May 13, 2020
Sheffield
Hey man, I think you will be okay fingers crossed for you. I am UK so not EU but as we have a trade deal we just pay 20% VAT by the looks of it. I am taking advantage of the £ Sterling 1 year high against the Euro. Perhaps a £500 saving.

You'll have to pay import duty too based on what it is that you are importing. My recent purchase of a fork should have, from what I have deduced from the gov.uk site, been levied at 4%, although I'm putting a claim in as they have charged me just over 10%.

There's also a handling charge, which in the case of Parcelforce, was £12.

All needs to be paid before you collect the goods. I now need to raise a claim for the excess import duty I believe I've paid.

Will337

Jan 11, 2021
South East
You'll have to pay import duty too based on what it is that you are importing. My recent purchase of a fork should have, from what I have deduced from the gov.uk site, been levied at 4%, although I'm putting a claim in as they have charged me just over 10%.

There's also a handling charge, which in the case of Parcelforce, was £12.

All needs to be paid before you collect the goods. I now need to raise a claim for the excess import duty I believe I've paid.

Well I'm buying Focus which is German made and the duty on e-bikes is 6% from what I can see.. so even at 26% there's still a slight profit margin not as good as I thought though.

Still no response from jonito and no confirmation of the transfer.

I would not recommend buying from them.

What's the issue? Is the bike in stock or back order? They told me once payment is received you will receive an automated notification. 4.8 out of 5 stars 421 reviews on google is good enough for me.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles