Anyone familiar with CRC e-bike conversion kits?

Cybersnow

Aug 15, 2024
Idaho
I live in a pretty rugged mountain area of Idaho and have built a 750 watt and a 1000 watt Bafang kit. Neither of them had the power to effectively pull some of the very steep fire roads. I have also purchased and sold a few commercial emtbs. I have been looking around at other bikes and companies and found a company called CYC that produces an ebike kit that can get up to 5000 watts peak if configured correctly. Has anyone actually tried one of these monsters?

Cybersnow

Aug 15, 2024
Idaho
I plan on taking the Bafang 1 KW off my Salsa Fargo hardtail and replacig it with the CYC X1 PRO and a 52 volt or 72 volt battery. I have asked CYC tech support about the pros and cons of the two different batteries. Meanwhile the bike is headed to the shop today as it has been parked in the barn for five years and the tubeless tires are flatter than a pancake. I am currently riding a Zen Photon with a 1KW motor but the bike weighs almost 80 lbs.

Amber Valley Guy

Oct 15, 2023
Alfreton
I live in a pretty rugged mountain area of Idaho and have built a 750 watt and a 1000 watt Bafang kit. Neither of them had the power to effectively pull some of the very steep fire roads. I have also purchased and sold a few commercial emtbs. I have been looking around at other bikes and companies and found a company called CYC that produces an ebike kit that can get up to 5000 watts peak if configured correctly. Has anyone actually tried one of these monsters?
Have you re-programmed your Bafangs? The stock programming isn't great for mountain biking as it drops the power off when it detects your cadence is at a constant. It does this because it presumes your on road bike/commuter on flatish ground and just cruising.

Cybersnow

Aug 15, 2024
Idaho
I am not sure how to reprogram the bafang. You are right in that the motors are great on relatively flat road but on steep hills you need to keep the cadence up. On reason to consider the change to CYC is that they use torque sensors.

Amber Valley Guy

Oct 15, 2023
Alfreton
You'll need a programming cable and the Bafangs bbs tuning program or the Speeed app. Lots of guides on how to do it. Google Bafangs BBS tuning/re-programming. Yes they're cadence sensing but you use all 9 power levels to your advantage..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles