Other Anyone else hoping for a smaller battery for their Levo/Kenevo?

h.grenade

Feb 13, 2021
PNW
I keep wondering if Specialized will provide more battery options in the future. IS it something that other people want as well or am I just an idiot? :p

Bigger and heavier isn't always what people are after. I am not doing 5 hours of epic climbs and I don't need 8lbs of battery throwing the bikes balance forward in the air.

I would love to be able to buy a 320wh battery and drop a bunch of weight for shorter rides or shuttleable trails. I don't know the weight of the SL battery but I bet the difference is huge. I can just ride in eco.

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
What is a "huge" difference? You'd be lucky if it makes an 8% difference in the total bike weight, or 2% of bike+rider system weight.

h.grenade

Feb 13, 2021
PNW
@Mcharza haha yeah I guess they did. I hear that the SLs dont have as much power at lower cadence. I guess thats my only concern. I do tend to shift a lot and try to spin at higher rpm, so maybe no worries.

@jerry It more the weight location than how much. The front of the bike is very heavy manualing over roots, hitting long and low jumps and off of drops. It just feels tank like in the front end and I bet without the battery it would feel more like the SL. The motor weight difference is pretty minor.

Serious question - Has anyone here tried to take the battery apart? I am wondering if you can remove cells. Probably not...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles