Anybody running a Fox coil on their Bullit?

Steveg56

Nov 7, 2019
California
I got an XL.
Sorry I wasn’t very clear. I would like to put a coil on my Bullit as well and was wondering how I would know what size to order. I do know the coils themselves are ordered based on body weight but don’t know what size I would need for the shock itself.

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
Sorry I wasn’t very clear. I would like to put a coil on my Bullit as well and was wondering how I would know what size to order. I do know the coils themselves are ordered based on body weight but don’t know what size I would need for the shock itself.
Coil spring, 2.50-2.75" x whatever weight you need. This is for a fox dhx2. Your shock is a 230x62.5. Don’t forget to order the Fox lower bearing roller, for the lower mount. Or you could just use the fox lower hardware. Hope this helps.

Mtb247

Apr 12, 2020
I'm running an MRP Hazzard on mine currently, and it is fantastic. MRP has been great to deal with. My Hazzard was originally a smaller shock made for my Levo. I sent it in and they overhauled it and changed the length, stroke and the tuning to work with my new SC Bullit.

AccousticBiker

Nov 20, 2021
USA
yes both are m8x30. the stock rockshox comes with a bearing mount but santa cruz confirmed over email that you can either use the bushing or the fox bearing hardware.

R3Z3N

Mar 2, 2022
California
Coil spring, 2.50-2.75" x whatever weight you need. This is for a fox dhx2. Your shock is a 230x62.5. Don’t forget to order the Fox lower bearing roller, for the lower mount. Or you could just use the fox lower hardware. Hope this helps.

The Fox roller bearing is definitely nice, but I feel it is cumbersome to work with, and I believe needs to be removed if swapping springs? Another alternative is the Real World Cycling needle bearing kit
Also, if using the Fox roller bearing, the tool is quite $$$
I have both, the RWC on my Kenevo SL and Fox Bearing on my SC Hightower. For those on air, the RWC is the clear winner for servicing/removing air can.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles