Any thoughts on 2022 Giant Trance Advance E + O

DaveNz

Apr 18, 2023
Nee Zealand
Hi, I'm so confused. Looking at buying first ebike, currently ride a 2018 Trance Advance... mostly flowing trails with some jumps although I'm pretty average at jumping and 46 so happy just to pop a little bit.... not really much rocky drop offs. I was looking at a 2022 Trek Rail 8.8 XT or a Specialized Levo Comp Carbon which have a 160mm front shock as though might be a good next step... but then been reading some reviews of the 2022 Trance advance E+ 0 and it sounds pretty awesome.... would really like some feedback on this bike or anything you think would suit?

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Ahh, what to buy. A nice problem to have, but a difficult choice these days as nobody really makes a bad bike, especially in the price range you’re looking at. Spesh are still doing some mad discounting at the moment so they look very attractive. I love the Trance (got 2) but not a fan of the suspension on the 0, but as you say , this bike is a monster and very well received, I haven’t seen a bad review on it. As said, any of your list will be excellent choices, but it always comes back to the old where you ride, what you ride, range, back up, blah blah stuff. There’s rumours of the new trance elite coming in alloy with a bigger battery that could be worth asking a dealer about if your near to one, but obviously it’s just a rumour. Enjoy the process, no doubt your screen time has gone up dramatically recently, good luck on it and let us know your choice.

Kary

Jun 30, 2020
Carson City, NV
I have had my 2022 E +0 for a year now. I previously had a 2020 Trance E pro 1. I like the 29er wheels better than the 27.5's. I also like the geometry/fit of the 2022 better than the 2020. I am 60 years old so I don't jump or do more than 2 foot drops so I can't really comment on that, but the bike is a great climber and very stable on downhills. I have had zero issues with the live valve or anything on the bike.

IMG_4705.JPG IMG_2746.JPG

DaveNz

Apr 18, 2023
Nee Zealand
Ahh, what to buy. A nice problem to have, but a difficult choice these days as nobody really makes a bad bike, especially in the price range you’re looking at. Spesh are still doing some mad discounting at the moment so they look very attractive. I love the Trance (got 2) but not a fan of the suspension on the 0, but as you say , this bike is a monster and very well received, I haven’t seen a bad review on it. As said, any of your list will be excellent choices, but it always comes back to the old where you ride, what you ride, range, back up, blah blah stuff. There’s rumours of the new trance elite coming in alloy with a bigger battery that could be worth asking a dealer about if your near to one, but obviously it’s just a rumour. Enjoy the process, no doubt your screen time has gone up dramatically recently, good luck on it and let us know your choice.
Thanks for the advice..... yep far to much searching, and the more I look the harder the choice becomes.... I wish I had the option to demo bikes but realistically Specialized is about the only one I can get my hands on.

Kary

Jun 30, 2020
Carson City, NV
I have had my 2022 E +0 for a year now. I previously had a 2020 Trance E pro 1. I like the 29er wheels better than the 27.5's. I also like the geometry/fit of the 2022 better than the 2020. I am 60 years old so I don't jump or do more than 2 foot drops so I can't really comment on that, but the bike is a great climber and very stable on downhills. I have had zero issues with the live valve or anything on the bike.

View attachment 111958 View attachment 111960
This is the Mills Peak trail above Graeagle CA. It is about 2 hours from my home in Carson City, NV.

A22

Oct 20, 2023
New Zealand
Thanks for the advice..... yep far too much searching, and the more I look the harder the choice becomes.... I wish I had the option to demo bikes but realistically Specialized is about the only one I can get my hands on.
Did you end up getting a Trance? If so how has it been?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles