Any one in BC , Canada 2 try ur battery in mine test ?

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Trouble in paradise folks. Took my decoy for a diagnostic to see why i have no power assist. Diagnostic showed everything ok but possibly its the computer or the battery as to why its throwing codes and has no assist. Shop is going to talk with shimano next to see if they can remote scan it. Thought i'd see if there's anyone close that i could throw their battery in for a couple minutes to cross that off the possible problem list , or pinpoint the maybe problem if its my battery. I'd drive somewhere close to meet or maybe someone is planning coming to revelstoke?

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
If you can sneak me across the border some how, I’ll be up there at your earliest convenience. Lol
Haa, well if things ever stabilize you should visit. Definitely a top destination to visit

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
Haa, well if things ever stabilize you should visit. Definitely a top destination to visit
I raced TransBC last year. We drove right through Revy on our way to the race (started at Panorama bike park) and didn’t even have time to get a ride in unfortunately.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I raced TransBC last year. We drove right through Revy on our way to the race (started at Panorama bike park) and didn’t even have time to get a ride in unfortunately.
Thats too bad. TransBC mustve been fun. Great way to see a ton of good trails. Pano and invermere havd come along way. Years ago when i lived in Banff/Canmore we'd always do mt7 in golden one day(3x4000ft laps, bbq, anither 3 laps)then down to mt swansea in invermere the next day(7 or 8 laps) and sometimes pano as it gradually developed. Revy wasnt happening then. I much prefer the riding here. The sub tropical dirt and old growth forest are key. Revelstokd Mt Resort is the major expansion this year. They just had "5620" trail last(locally aka "69420") as one of the longest fow trails in the world. Its 5620 vertical feet and 15km. This year theyve added another blue jump trail and 2 black diamond natural trails. Its was good timing for the resorts opening this year being 2 days after my decoy lost assist. Ive been just riding the gondola for laps until i figure out the problem. Its my only bike atm. I need another acoustic bike so im not stuck without something. Id like to go for some pedaling

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Anyone? Just take me a few minutes to test my bike with your battery to see if its my battery thats the problem.
Can also do some shuttles locally or gondi laps

TransAmMan

Sep 18, 2019
Canada
Where is BC do you live ? The Canadian rep for YT resides in Kelowna and may be able to help you out?

Sorry I just read Revy ... drop him a line and I am sure he could help you out

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Where is BC do you live ? The Canadian rep for YT resides in Kelowna and may be able to help you out?

Sorry I just read Revy ... drop him a line and I am sure he could help you out
Might have to try them again. Thanks

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Just make sure you email JM at YT Canada multiple times. Usually it takes me three emails to get any kind of response.....
Copy that. Ive emailed them today and i'll follow up. LBS is getting in touch with shimano to do a remote diagnosis from shimano as well. Shop also put in an order for a speed sensor but shimano canada are out of stock until some time this month. Figure its worth a try after it came loose then the wire was too tight from swingarm movent. Also order a speed sensor from blue sky cycles in the states. Ive paid/ordered over a week ago from them but havent recieved any tracking or correspondense yet. Battery turns on the motor but it just errors out. Might be the handle bar mounted computer or that speed sensor.
In other news, went for a couple gondi laps today. 2nd lap broke my new chain and demoed my rear derailleur. Good times! Didnt go in the spokes thouhgh. No harm no foul i guess.Pieced the chain together with some quick links and luckily had an identical slx derailleur ,in good shape, in my parts box. 53lb pedal bike is g2g for gondi lapz again

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Ok, looks like i can drive to k town to try a fresh battery.

Not sure thats the problem though
-still getting e010 error- no assist
- ive gone through all connections and blew them out with my air compressor and applied dielectric grease to all of them
-battery is still at half charge, like it was when i lost assist 3 weeks ago
- its kind of new to the local shop techs but the did a diagnosis with the shimano diagnosis tool and they couldnt figure out the problem
-i can turn it on and pedal the bike , without clicking into an assist mode and the speed registers (i previously suspected the speed sensor because it came loose once and i lost assist) so i suspect the speed sensor might be fine?
-when i lift the rear wheel of the bike and spin the crank it doesnt error out in the assist modes
- as soon as i hop on the bike and push on the cranks in assist mode i get the error

Has anyone had a similar problem? Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong? It seems hard to get help for emtb's in canada. Would it possibly be the tourque sensor? To me it kind of points to that but i'd like to have some backup data points to support my theory. Or is it something else?

I was having so fun on this bike. Riding every day up until 3 weeks ago. Sooo many plans and places i want to go with the bike. Now im stuck emailing YT and hoping the local bike shop and shimano figure something out. Good mechanic at the shop but i think this is fairly new to him and i feel like he'd rather not deal with it(maybe im wrong but theres definitely no urgency). They said shimano canada tech is busy and cant remote diagnose it any time soon. Im a bit frustrated with support on these bikes(both yt and shimano). Bike rides really nice up and down with assist but i only have 1700km on it. Concerned i've wasted almost $9k with what ive put into it.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Sorry to hear you pain :( You haven't wasted $9k, but sounds like you are losing quite a few summer days and that's not good.
Thanks. I feel lucky that ive been able to ride the gondola for laps but i really want to pedal and get away from the park. One trail is getying a bit boring.
It sucks having to bother people to try and get it fixed. Bike shop has good mechanics but theyre hesitant and kind of unsure. YT don't seem to want to get involved too much and rather just push it towards shimano, although they did say i could drive down to kelowna to try a fresh battery for a coiple minutes. Nothing definitive from shimano canada. I'll talk to the lbs owner tomorrow. Maybe he has a but of a plan forward/fingers crossed. Seems like a decent dood and a really good mechanic. He talked to shimano so maybe he'll have more info than the shop employee that seems disinterested.
I wonder if the diagnostic device would indicate a tourque sensor problem? Maybe i have to apply tourque to the pedals to get it to error out during the actual diagnosis?
I guess i figured shimano and/or yt would be familiar with anything yhat would arise and have a set course of action for different issues

DB88MOTO

Apr 25, 2020
BC Canada
Ok, looks like i can drive to k town to try a fresh battery.

Not sure thats the problem though
-still getting e010 error- no assist
- ive gone through all connections and blew them out with my air compressor and applied dielectric grease to all of them
-battery is still at half charge, like it was when i lost assist 3 weeks ago
- its kind of new to the local shop techs but the did a diagnosis with the shimano diagnosis tool and they couldnt figure out the problem
-i can turn it on and pedal the bike , without clicking into an assist mode and the speed registers (i previously suspected the speed sensor because it came loose once and i lost assist) so i suspect the speed sensor might be fine?
-when i lift the rear wheel of the bike and spin the crank it doesnt error out in the assist modes
- as soon as i hop on the bike and push on the cranks in assist mode i get the error

Has anyone had a similar problem? Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong? It seems hard to get help for emtb's in canada. Would it possibly be the tourque sensor? To me it kind of points to that but i'd like to have some backup data points to support my theory. Or is it something else?

I was having so fun on this bike. Riding every day up until 3 weeks ago. Sooo many plans and places i want to go with the bike. Now im stuck emailing YT and hoping the local bike shop and shimano figure something out. Good mechanic at the shop but i think this is fairly new to him and i feel like he'd rather not deal with it(maybe im wrong but theres definitely no urgency). They said shimano canada tech is busy and cant remote diagnose it any time soon. Im a bit frustrated with support on these bikes(both yt and shimano). Bike rides really nice up and down with assist but i only have 1700km on it. Concerned i've wasted almost $9k with what ive put into it.
This is so frustrating to hear. Unfortunately I'm no help as the E bike stuff is all new to me. Hopefully someone can chime in and help. JM at YT Canada needs to deal with this. This has always been my worry about direct to consumer brand. But when the Canadian rep doesn't respond, it sure is frustrating. I'm still waiting for a response about a stripped bolt that came on bike in the crate. Five emails and one reply... and nothing..Brutal. I would be calling him daily until he responded to at least guide you in some kind of direction. My Buddys that dealt with YT Canada has great experience and service... me not so much. Hope you figure it out. Cheers

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
This is so frustrating to hear. Unfortunately I'm no help as the E bike stuff is all new to me. Hopefully someone can chime in and help. JM at YT Canada needs to deal with this. This has always been my worry about direct to consumer brand. But when the Canadian rep doesn't respond, it sure is frustrating. I'm still waiting for a response about a stripped bolt that came on bike in the crate. Five emails and one reply... and nothing..Brutal. I would be calling him daily until he responded to at least guide you in some kind of direction. My Buddys that dealt with YT Canada has great experience and service... me not so much. Hope you figure it out. Cheers
Shit. Thanks. I'll be ringing them soon. Going to check with the lbs today to see if i can set up the shimano diagnosis. Then i'll phone yt and emsil.
What bolt is stripped on yours?
Also message me your mailing addy. I dug out that top cap. I'll mail it to you this week

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles