An Ebike virgin.

Jurf

Dec 14, 2023
Netherlands
Hi,
I,m Jeroen from the netherlands and right now riding an Ibis Ripmo.
Perfectly fine in the Netherlands (that are very flat!), awesome in the descents pretty much everywhere, but misses a assist on the climbs when the rider is gassing out.

I tried a several bikes at Lake Garda and in Wales and I,m pretty conviced that I want an ebike so joined here to read/learn a lot more about them.
So far looking at the Canyon Spectral, Orbea Wild, and TurboLevo.

Jurf

Dec 14, 2023
Netherlands
The main probem is that every bike seems to have its flaws and the ideas about what to get changes from day to day:rolleyes:.
I,m recovering from a pretty nasty broken ankle so instead of biking i,m sitting waay too much time on the couch surfing the web about bikes.

I,m 188cm x95kg and with the Canyon i,m a bit inbetween sizes, The Large is too short and the XL has a pretty high stack, otherwise that was a great bike imo (although Shimano and also headset routing).

I demoed the Turbo-levo in Wales and that S5 is an awesome bike, just a tiny low stack for my liking but with Sram what I prever over Shimano.
I asked about it at the locsal shop but they are 1.5K+ more expensive as most for a lesser build while a friend of me is on its 4th motor in 3years and to top it of I need to wait 3month for an S5 size because that seems to be a popular size.
The 3 month waiting time sucks because I want/need that bike for a decent recovery as well (at least that is one of the excuses to my wife buy one now)..

I,m not a fan of the headset cable routing of the Wild either, but how often do you work on that?
Its basicly when replacing bearings or when I want a different brake-set and they can get me one in a week.
I can get an M20 (the carbon frame with the shitty fork) for 5200,- because expensive bikes with shitty forks don,t sell well but I have a Fox38 Performance coming my way that I ordered online simply because it was a too good of a bargain passing by, so that fork is sorted (and already paid so no part of the current bike budget:geek:).

If I buy an Float X elite and a decent brake set (that the TurboLevo needs as well anyway) put the XO-eagle stuff on it that I have on the shelf as left-over from another bike I have pretty nice ride for just over 6K.....If i don,t slice my wrists from working on the cable routing:rolleyes:

I probably need to stay awake another a couple of nights over it staring at the ceiling to think it over.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles