Alloy version of Orbea Rise 2025 now showing up on the Orbea site

jgf

Jun 18, 2024
Canada
Well that was quicker than I was expecting. Back to analysis paralysis mode....

edit: oh using the Ep600 engine... :cautious:

Last edited:

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
Much quicker than expected. They do an amazing job on the alloy models - they do look near identical to the carbon.

The H10 model has the same EP8 motor as the carbon Rises, it's only the H20 and below that have the EP6. (I thought the only difference between them was a steel rather than magnesium case - so you're just adding another 300g of weight there.

Looking at the M10/H10 specs theres about £950 value of component downgrades so carbon frame is about £650 more than the alloy. But you've got the option of adding all of that stuff back. Like that yellow on the alloy LT too.

smuddy

Apr 11, 2024
Jupiter
Well that was quicker than I was expecting. Back to analysis paralysis mode....

edit: oh using the Ep600 engine... :cautious:
Yeah, me too on the analysis paralysis. But what about ep600? Oh, good catch. It's only the LT h10 that has the 801. the ep600 should still get the 85nm torque, I believe. However, I just looked up the firmware and sure enough, the ep600 didn't get the assist carryover and the aggressive assist mode options. It only gets the assist cutoff mod. FIRMWARE UPDATES | E-TUBE PROJECT | E-TUBE | E-TUBE PROJECT-EU
Sneaky bastards!

smuddy

Apr 11, 2024
Jupiter
Much quicker than expected. They do an amazing job on the alloy models - they do look near identical to the carbon.

The H10 model has the same EP8 motor as the carbon Rises, it's only the H20 and below that have the EP6. (I thought the only difference between them was a steel rather than magnesium case - so you're just adding another 300g of weight there.

Looking at the M10/H10 specs theres about £950 value of component downgrades so carbon frame is about £650 more than the alloy. But you've got the option of adding all of that stuff back. Like that yellow on the alloy LT too.
Check out the firmware diff from link above. Unless I'm reading that wrong, sounds like there will be other differences than just weight according to that firmware.

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
assist carry over = motor overrun?
Really don't like bikes that have more than the Shimano does.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles