Alloy Frame for DIY Bafang Mid Drive

Elvi$

Jul 18, 2024
UK
Hi Guys. Can anyone recommend an Alloy mid drive frame that I can purchase in the UK to build a Bafang mid Drive emtb eg M510 motor. Almost all the frames available are Carbon and I am not the biggest fan. The one frame I have found is from Ali Express and is called Cyctrac. Has anyone got any experience with building an alloy emtb ( hardtail or full sus)? Thanks in advance!

Elvi$

Jul 18, 2024
UK
And there is also Hybridizer, which has a great looking aluminium frame. It's equipped with M510 by default. 😊
If you want one, you can contact Xu directly by mail. He is very talanted and easily clears every single one of your potential questions. [email protected] If you say Hi from me an, you might get an discount.. :)
Thank you @Tomblarom. The Hybridizer looks great but seems like a more high end Alloy frame. I am looking for something like the Cyctrac EM6.
With regards to the Bafang adapter you recommended, What would you have to do with bikes with a built in battery? For example, would the Bafang battery fit inside a frame designed for Shimano?
I just wish I didn't miss the boat with Vitus. I saw the bikes earlier this year and saw the prices become ridiculously cheap, not knowing they were going into administration. The Vitus E-Sentier Hardtail, with Bafang M510 95nm was selling for £1500 UK pounds at the end!!

Tomblarom

Feb 3, 2021
Germany
There are plenty frames like the one you mentioned. You could also checkout Markhor, Seroxat, Gonped, Sondors (out of business), Ansbern, FREY, Leichten, SingYiu (on Aliexpress)

No, you would either need to find a frame with a battery that sits on the down-tube or you build your own intube battery, that replaces shimano. Unfortunately I can not offer you another solution, to use the existing battery..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles