Allmtn 5.0 rear cassette upgrade

Jay355

Apr 10, 2020
East Anglia
I would like to swap out my 11 speed rear cassette from Sram, PG1130 11 - 42 teeth to a Sram compatible 9-50 or 11-50 or 11-52 still keeping the 11 speed Sram NX derailleur and shift leaver, if possible,

I have found some online, VG Sports, Zitto, Sunrace and Bolany but have no clue if there any good, let alone compatible.

They claim to be Sram and Shimano compatible.

Can any one help or advise??

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Have you checked on the Sram site whether the NX will be compatible with a larger cassette?

Have you checked on the Sram website what hub the PG1130 uses? Then you'll know which cassette to buy.

Of the 4 brands you mention only Sunrace are an OEM, the other three are cheap Chinese brands - and I personally would avoid.

You'll also need a longer chain.

arawa

Jun 17, 2019
Highlands
l know it is not what you asked ( :) ) and that you do not want to change everything but if you are going back to the drawing board then I am very happy with the SRAM 12 Speed Eagle 10 - 50t fitted to my Alltrail 6. It changes smoothly and I think the 50t would take me up the Eiger!

Jay355

Apr 10, 2020
East Anglia
l know it is not what you asked ( :) ) and that you do not want to change everything but if you are going back to the drawing board then I am very happy with the SRAM 12 Speed Eagle 10 - 50t fitted to my Alltrail 6. It changes smoothly and I think the 50t would take me up the Eiger!
HI ya, I did look at that as an option and the LBS i got the bike from said the parts are not available, it was about £450 all in to upgrade, i thought i might get away with just the rear cassette change but i didn't realise the derailleur had a limit of tooth size.

Patience maybe required

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles