Afan Forest

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I am camping after miles south of Afan Forest for a week in July. Any advice on the best rides to do would be good. Me and my mate prefer longer single track blue and red graded trails, especially Forest runs. Not interested in bike park jump trails etc.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I am camping after miles south of Afan Forest for a week in July. Any advice on the best rides to do would be good. Me and my mate prefer longer single track blue and red graded trails, especially Forest runs. Not interested in bike park jump trails etc.
miserable wet day so spent some time on the PC using Trailforks and Komoot and have loaded the following into the planned tour section of my Komoot account.

Penhydd 14 km 550m climb rated red
Y Wai 23km 450 m climb rated red
White's Level 15km 400m climb rated red
Blade 24km 800m climb rated red

and as a warm up
Blue Scar 7km 347m climb rated Blue.

Also as far as I can tell Afan Forest Park Visitor Centre car park is closed due to tree felling so Glyncorryg looks to be the best starting point.

Let me know if you have any advice re a bove.

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Was there in Saturday, first time and only for the day.

we done w2 which links both sides up. I think you’ll like it from what you are after. It worked out 27.5 miles and 2,700ft climbing.

can start at visitor centre or mountain bike centre (we started here) and both are open ?? either way you can stop at the other half way round for a drink or lunch

One trail was closed / diverted. Other than that, all good

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles