Advice for Buying EMTB on Pinkbike or similar...

ukbass&bikes

Aug 4, 2023
Los Angeles
Hey All-
Realy appreciate any tips here on making a purchse on say Pinkbike form a private seller.
I realize Paypal Goods and Services is one way ( and never Zelle etc) but any other Escrow/ Safe ways to sendmoney and guarantee receipt of the bike...
Much thanks!

cozzy

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Drive to their house or meet them half way. If you cant do this buy one closer to you, there are plenty about.
No way would i ever be buying a used bike through the post.

Weeksy

Subscriber
Dec 13, 2019
Reading
Drive to their house or meet them half way. If you cant do this buy one closer to you, there are plenty about.
No way would i ever be buying a used bike through the post.
I've bought a few from post, but always using Ebay for their protection. I wouldn't buy from PB without collecting/meeting.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I 100% would not buy a used bike (any bike) without seeing it and testing it.
And I am pretty sure that the seller would want cash.

So meet in a public place. For my last two bike sales, I made the meeting place my LBS. The buyers liked it.

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
Pinkbike ... the only internet site about bikes that failed. I would never trust anything coming from it that cannot be personally checked.

jackamo

Subscriber
May 25, 2023
UK
Hey All-
Realy appreciate any tips here on making a purchse on say Pinkbike form a private seller.
I realize Paypal Goods and Services is one way ( and never Zelle etc) but any other Escrow/ Safe ways to sendmoney and guarantee receipt of the bike...
Much thanks!
I wouldn't buy a second hand ebike from someone I didn't know

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles