500Wh battery with spacer in a Cube 625 bike?

salubrious_k

May 8, 2021
London
Hello again, another random question... hopefully someone will have tried this....

Has anyone tried to put a Bosch 500Wh Powertube with spacer attached (to make it the same length as a 625Wh Powertube) into a 625Wh Cube Stereo Hybrid?

Here is a photo of a 625Wh and 500Wh battery with spacer sat next to each other:

I'm guessing that this should fit fine, as the contacts are the far end from the spacer, and, after all, the 500Wh battery with spacer is designed to be exactly the right dimensions?

I'm asking as I'm getting my wife a Cube Stereo Hybrid 625 but it looks like the only bike I can buy in my size is a Focus Thron2 with 500Wh battery (with spacer). But given I weight twice what my wife does, Im quite keen to switch the batteries! :LOL:

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
Length wise, the 625 and the 500+ spacer should be the same, so as long as the 500 battery is a horizontal one it will fit in the cube with the spacer.

I.E If the Focus Thron2 you can get has the same battery in the picture you linked, you'll be good to go

salubrious_k

May 8, 2021
London
Great! Thanks @MrPeaski! That answers my question. I have it on good authority that that is a Thron2 battery with spacer.

I now understand I would also have to switch the battery covers (as the Focus and Cube ones will be different) but as I want to make it a permanent switch I think that sounds like it should be fine.

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
The Cubes cover isn't fixed to the battery, so if you just wanted to take the 500 as a backup on a ride you could just leave the cover off that battery

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles