500wh Battery Range

griffithsgl6

Aug 15, 2021
Gloucestershire
Hi,
Recently purchased a Cube Reaction Hybrid 500, what sort of range are people getting on eco and turbo mode? I've noticed range goes up as I ride, is this normal?
Thanks

Ricky_1973

Mar 28, 2021
Netherlands
It changes while riding - iirc it depends on the load/riding style you had the past 10 minutes or so(may be shorter), it recalculates the range accordingly. I got a 160 hybrid gen 4 with the 625 - in eco on a flat surface (living in the Netherlands here) i can get to 150km, in tour+ it's about 100km and turbo mode I can get up to 70km. For a 500wh take off 20%(or 25% if you take a gen2 bosch motor into cosideration) of mine and you'll get about your range.

Mind you that when the terrain gets rough and big climbs in low gear (as in going very slowly) and asking loads of support from the motor - like in the Alps here in Europa that turbo mode range can easily drop to 40km on a full charge (on the way up the mountain).

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
What Ricky said.
It depends on terrain, your weight and the ground you are riding on. Also how much you use your legs.
I don't look at the range setting any more, it is always way off and can make you nervous when you are going up hill. The calculation doesn't know that after going up, you probably go down. So if you have been going up for a while, it assumes the rest of the ride is all uphill, so tells you that you are almost empty when you probably are not.

DSleazy

Aug 15, 2021
Surrey
My 23kg Haibike with Bosch gen4 motor can carry my 95 kilos around 34 miles of reasonably hilly terrain in constant Tour mode.

Have not yet tried max distance on Eco. Will give that a go soon. The range estimate is terrible. I pay more attention to battery bars remaining.

Ovidiu

Aug 8, 2021
România
As others stated, there are some variables. Terrain, rider's weight, weather (windy days). Here's a Bosch Range Calculator
Hope it helps.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Hope it helps.
It doesn't really. It's just a algorithm that guesstimates based on the information you put in. It's not granular enough to be any where near accurate.

Ovidiu

Aug 8, 2021
România
Well, it's better than nothing.
Otherwise you have to take in account others experiences with the same battery, BUT bear in mind everyone is riding in different locations, with different styles and pedaling approach.
So, yeah. The best way is to monitor yourself ??

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
It's a question to which there is no answer. It's like driving a car. If you drive like an old woman on her way to church, you'll get good mileage. If you drive around thinking you're Lando Norris, you'll be stopping for petrol a little more frequently.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles