25kmh restriction

orovip

Sep 16, 2021
Germany
Hi! I have the Giant Talon E+ EX 2021 and the 25kmh restriction is pain in the ass (Germany you know ?). So I tried the trick with putting the sensor somewhere else but Giant ppl were wiser than that and the Computer shows an error. Then I started to read about the Service Key but ot seems like there is no way to come across this thing (anyone has more information about it?). It seems like the only solution I have left is buying the bypass chip. Can anyone tell me which one is going to work with my bike? Because it’s not so popular I cannot find much info about it. And no i don’t care about the warranty, I just want my bike to be a bit faster. Have a great day!

funnel

May 15, 2020
World
Hi! I have the Giant Talon E+ EX 2021 and the 25kmh restriction is pain in the ass (Germany you know ?). So I tried the trick with putting the sensor somewhere else but Giant ppl were wiser than that and the Computer shows an error. Then I started to read about the Service Key but ot seems like there is no way to come across this thing (anyone has more information about it?). It seems like the only solution I have left is buying the bypass chip. Can anyone tell me which one is going to work with my bike? Because it’s not so popular I cannot find much info about it. And no i don’t care about the warranty, I just want my bike to be a bit faster. Have a great day!

How did you move the sensor? Any pics? I think it should work as long as it's possible to unscrew the sensor and move it. Also you need a good strong magnet to glue on the crank.

orovip

Sep 16, 2021
Germany
How did you move the sensor? Any pics? I think it should work as long as it's possible to unscrew the sensor and move it. Also you need a good strong magnet to glue on the crank.
I didn’t make any pics. First I moved it a bit towards the end of the wheel but then the control panel showed an error (it didn’t work at all). After that I fixed the sensor to the frame and the magnet to the crank arm but then the motor was pushing only whilst the magnet was next to the sensor (without any limit though, but as soon as you started breaking the control panel showed that the motor is broken and i should go to the service).

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
What about a planet3. Is your magnet on the spoke or the disk?

funnel

May 15, 2020
World
What about the internal sensors, doesn't it detect it and give an error?

To detect it would need to have a gear sensor, some sort of ground vision sensor or speed based on gps. Otherwise the motor can't know if you're riding slow or fast. It can't. Maybe if they really went for it by doing an AI based prediction from a lot of normal rides it could be usable but I don't see them doing all of this for an ebike.

anfos

May 1, 2021
Greece
So I just tried it on a short ride and it does work, not sure why people mentioned it doesn't work on the 6 sensor models.
I had to use a T25 torx with a hole ( I think it's called security torx) to remove the sensor and reposition it, also used another magnet (from my bryton sensor) as the stock one from the spokes was too big.

I do feel like the speed is getting picked up a little slower when using this method, although I could be wrong - I will do a bigger ride this weekend and post stats here with battery usage etc. Obviously do it at your own risk.

IMG_20211026_125205.jpg IMG_20211026_125310.jpg IMG_20211026_125346.jpg IMG_20211026_125232.jpg Screenshot 2021-10-26 131144.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles