Rail (625Wh) '23 Rail 9.7 "LT" 180/170 mod for $44..

etxxz

Aug 3, 2024
NorCal
After reading the threads for a month without conclusion, I decided to experiment on my Medium Rail on my own. I bought the 180mm C1 Debonair ($44 shipped) for my domain and cut off the 7.5mm travel bumper in the stock deluxe+ shock essentially turning it into a 230x65mm. I did it during my 120hr first "50hr" service.. Flip chip must be on high, where I still got around 8mm frame clearance to the rear triangle. I think HA around 64.2* now. I went as far as to putting putty on the seat tube area and bouncing on the shock without air to check flex before taking my first ride.

I can't verify the actual rear travel but it's +/-. For ref, I took 3psi from the 57.5mm setting and if anything it rides better now. Fork I took 5psi and the two oem air tokens out (C1 spring) as starting point.

That's as far as geometry goes. I'm in NorCal and seldom steep, techy, medium jumps and drops.

Pros, plusher suspension. More linear - likely the effect of C1 without tokens. I didn't notice much of a geometry change honestly. Climbs the same as before.

Cons, I had a few surprises when trying to lift the front wheel onto something and there was still jounce left in the fork. This i need to relearn.

Figured I'd make my first post a contributing one. Other mods are Magura MT7 and AXS shifting. Pretty darn happy w the bike this far.

20240728_220300.jpg 20240728_220335.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles