20mm to 15mm axle /fork conversion .

ari

Mar 1, 2024
Australia
Has anyone converted the forks from a 20mm axle hole to 15mm? , im wanting to use the 15mm boost quick release axle[not screw in axle, i know there is a kit for that], these are obviously DH forks which use 20mm axle .

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I just Googled "20mm to 15mm hub axle conversion" and got a load of responses. Some were tubes 20mm dia with a 15mm dia hole. Some were short plugs that slot into your forks. Take your pick. :)

I'm assuming of course that your identical search to me will produce an identical Google response, but as we know Google monitors what you search and modifies its results accordingly, you may not get the result that I did. :unsure:

cozzy

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Confused. You specifically want a quick release axle on a dh fork, or want to use a 15mm hub?

ari

Mar 1, 2024
Australia
I just Googled "20mm to 15mm hub axle conversion" and got a load of responses. Some were tubes 20mm dia with a 15mm dia hole. Some were short plugs that slot into your forks. Take your pick. :)

I'm assuming of course that your identical search to me will produce an identical Google response, but as we know Google monitors what you search and modifies its results accordingly, you may not get the result that I did. :unsure:
Yes , the tube just slides into a 20mm hub=no use at all , and the inserts are for the screw on axel .

Chairman

Feb 25, 2022
Nz
I have been using the forkmod with my boxxers for over 12 months now. No problems at all. Works perfectly

ari

Mar 1, 2024
Australia
It depends on the hub. Some can be converted to 20mm, some can't.

What hub have you got?
Chinese wheel so it would be Bucklos , i think there is only one hub that has a bore big enough to accept the larger spacers , only answer is a wheel or 20mm hub, new/different length spokes , either way very expensive exercise .

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Elite
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
I was lucky when i had this issue in that my hope hubs convert very easily
I was going to go down the adapter route but decided against what i figured would be a down grade in stiffness
(y)

Reactions: ari

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles