2025 Rise Lt -Coil

scarl

Dec 19, 2021
sacramento
Just picked up the New Lt - only a couple of rides - IMO it does ride more composed than my 2022 M-team and still remains agile and playful. EP801 is definably an improvement. Very supportive and excellent battery range with the reduced watts
Want to go coil - Does anyone know of other coil shocks that fit / work other than Fox DHX2?

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
What size and model? when did you order it?

(also interested in coil options - the RS super deluxe coil I have on my Enduro bike is impressive and a decent chunk cheaper than the fox)

scarl

Dec 19, 2021
sacramento
What size and model? when did you order it?

(also interested in coil options - the RS super deluxe coil I have on my Enduro bike is impressive and a decent chunk cheaper than the fox)
M20 - Medium. I've had it about a week.
I emailed Orbea directly . I didn't get a straight answer. Basically they only recommend the new fox float , Float X or the DHX. the Float performance isn't enough shock for my riding. I already have the Float ( which would work for me ) but really wanted the DHX2 not the DHX. I like to adjust HSC and from what I understand you can't on the DHX.

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
Get a DHX/Marz Bomber CR and send it to avalanche. I have the dhx2 on my rise, the HSC adjuster doesn't really add HSC but instead adds harshness. I ended up sending it into fluid focus for their custom base valve piston and shim stack tuning and now the HSC is usable. Even then however, with the smaller diameter shock shaft that the DHX2 has, it's more fragile and susceptible to side loading because of the yoke link/design the rise uses. The DHX/Marz bomber is the more durable tool for the job and with avalanche tuning, it will be the better performing shock anyway.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles