Levo Gen 3 2022 Turbo Levo Fox X2 volume spacers

DirtFarmer

Dec 12, 2021
Lethbridge
Do you know for sure how many volume spacers are installed from new on the Fox Float X2 shock, 2022 Turbo Levo Expert S4?
I’ve seen in the book that there is one, I’ve also seen 0 as the number installed here in the forum.
I just want to enter the info into the ShockWiz app to set up and don’t want to take the shock apart just yet.
Looking forward to what will hopefully be the perfect set up.
Thanks for the info.

Duke

Feb 15, 2021
Germany
It takes you 5 minutes to open the damper and check it. Then you are sure what is in yours. If i were you and expend effort with the shockwiz it would be my choice.

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego
You shouldn’t even have to remove your shock to check. Just pull the can down and let us know how many are in there.

I can confidently tell you that your Fox 38 Performance Elite fork has 3 volume tokens in it from the factory.

DirtFarmer

Dec 12, 2021
Lethbridge
You shouldn’t even have to remove your shock to check. Just pull the can down and let us know how many are in there.

I can confidently tell you that your Fox 38 Performance Elite fork has 3 volume tokens in it from the factory.
Hey Duke.
Thanks for the reply.
I might end up sliding the air can up to see the spacers if I have too. Hopefully the lock spring is in the right place.
3 tokens in the fork then.
Cheers.

DirtFarmer

Dec 12, 2021
Lethbridge
I have tried the ShockWiz and there was no suggestion to change ramp up, so volume spacers count will remain at 0. That number is unconfirmed but it should be the same from bike to bike when shipped.
Compression ratio measured was 2.8, calculated is 2.7.
Now for more riding and results after the adjustments have been made.

DirtFarmer

Dec 12, 2021
Lethbridge
My 2022 Levo did not have any volume spacers in it.
Thanks for the reply. That’s the consensus now it seems.
For now I’m running it as is, 0 spacers. I only need to add a spacer for the “firmest” ShockWiz tune but I don’t feel the need for it yet.
I’ve swapped over to the fork now, the Fox 38 compression ratio measured at 2.5 with three spacers.
Time to ride.

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
Mine too, an S6. If any model was going to have them it should be the one ridden by potentially the heaviest riders. One spacer in and it feels much better, ramps up perfectly now. I did get a few bottom outs before that were unexpected for the obstacle.

DirtFarmer

Dec 12, 2021
Lethbridge
Thanks for the info.
I may need to add a spacer/spacers as well. I’m up to 277 psi now and am using the full stroke.
I’ll use the ShockWiz on the shock again and then can record bottom outs and tune to recommended.
Cheers

SteveRS

Jun 9, 2022
British Columbia Canada
Unless you weigh less than 140 lbs and or do light trail riding, your going to have to add at least 2 spacers in the X2, and more than likely you’ll end up with 3. I weigh 175 with gear and have 3 spacers installed with 220 psi. That gives me 30% sag and it will still bottom out on bigger than average hits and on fast trails with big g-outs. I’ve tried less tokens with more air, more tokens with less air to compensate but it becomes to harsh and stiff. I think the answer to have a supple and progressive rear suspension with the X2 is to add the Cascade Link. The suspension set up that our bikes comes with is excellent but there’s trade-offs. You either have it fairly stiff and not very supple to avoid bottom outs, or you have it supple feeling great everywhere besides the support needed at the end of the stroke. I’ve been constantly tuning the suspension on this bike for about 5 months and that’s what I’ve arrived at. Now the 38 up front is absolutely butter after I did an air damper service to clean out all the extra grease that Fox so graciously gave me.

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
As @SteveRS says I have ended up with 3 spacers in my X2 and 265psi. I weigh 200lbs and it feels OK now, just enough progression, the suspension on the Levo is very linear. The heavier you are the harder it is to get enough progression. I think the X2 should come with spacers in from the factory on larger sized bikes.

Santa

Oct 4, 2019
Montreal, Canada
My (2022) Pro came with one spacer installed (unless the guys at the shop installed it?). I'm 185 and I ride very hard with frequent big drops and jumps. I bottom out all the time, which is a big disappointment. So I just installed 2 more spacers (now total 3) and I have ordered the Cascade link to bring it 160. Hopefully that will make the bike more suitable for my style of riding. WIll eventually post my review.

Paolone

Jul 20, 2019
Italia
A meno che tu non pesi meno di 140 libbre e/o guidi su pista leggera, dovrai aggiungere almeno 2 distanziali nell'X2 e molto probabilmente finirai con 3. Peso 175 con l'attrezzatura e ho 3 distanziali installati con 220 psi. Questo mi dà un abbassamento del 30% e toccherà comunque il fondo su colpi più grandi della media e su piste veloci con grandi g-out. Ho provato meno gettoni con più aria, più gettoni con meno aria per compensare, ma diventa troppo duro e rigido. Penso che la risposta per avere una sospensione posteriore morbida e progressiva con l'X2 sia aggiungere il Cascade Link. La configurazione delle sospensioni con cui vengono fornite le nostre bici è eccellente ma ci sono dei compromessi. O lo hai abbastanza rigido e non molto elastico per evitare i bottom out, oppure lo hai flessibile sentendoti benissimo ovunque oltre al supporto necessario alla fine della corsa. Ho messo a punto costantemente le sospensioni di questa bici per circa 5 mesi ed è quello a cui sono arrivato. Ora il 38 in avanti è assolutamente burro dopo aver eseguito un servizio di ammortizzatore dell'aria per ripulire tutto il grasso in più che Fox mi ha gentilmente dato.
[/CITAZIONE]
posso chiederti le impostazioni dei clic utilizzate? sto aspettando che tornino da me x2 dopo la quarta volta di assistenza

SteveRS

Jun 9, 2022
British Columbia Canada
I finally purchased the cascade link and have had a couple of rides on it now. Three things became apparent on these rides. Firstly, more traction. The backend sticks to the ground better than the regular linkage. This may be due to the new kinematics or that I have one less volume reducer installed, which ever it is, it’s quite noticeable. Secondly, it feels more plush throughout the stroke now. Again that could be due to one less volume reducer, not sure. I also have 20 more psi in the shock with the new links installed to have the same sag as before. I ran to 220 psi to achieve 30% sag I now run 240 psi to achieve the same sag setting. And thirdly, it feels more bottomless now. Through the same trails I never bottomed out once and it looks like there’s maybe close to 5 mm of stroke on the shock left. The added 8% progression is noticeable to help prevent bottom outs, and at the same time the shock feels more reactive and smoother throughout the stroke. So the new set up now is two volume reducers, down from three, and 20 more psi with compression and rebound settings left the same. If on big drops, which I haven’t done yet, I find that I’m bottoming out it seems that I could add more air to stiffen the spring, as the stroke now feels much smoother and less rampy. This is strange because the new kinematics now have added more progression to ramp up more, but it feels so much better and less like it’s ramping up compared to the previous set up. Anyways, I’m very happy with this purchase as it’s added that last little bit to the suspension that was needed. I wish the bike came this way stock.

Paolone

Jul 20, 2019
Italia
Alla fine ho acquistato il collegamento a cascata e ora ci ho fatto un paio di giri. Tre cose sono diventate evidenti in queste giostre. In primo luogo, più trazione. Il back-end si attacca al suolo meglio del normale collegamento. Ciò potrebbe essere dovuto alla nuova cinematica o al fatto che ho installato un riduttore di volume in meno, qualunque esso sia, è abbastanza evidente. In secondo luogo, ora sembra più morbido durante la corsa. Ancora una volta ciò potrebbe essere dovuto a un riduttore di volume in meno, non sono sicuro. Ho anche 20 psi in più nell'ammortizzatore con i nuovi collegamenti installati per avere lo stesso abbassamento di prima. Ho corso a 220 psi per ottenere un abbassamento del 30%, ora corro a 240 psi per ottenere la stessa impostazione di abbassamento. E in terzo luogo, ora sembra più senza fondo. Attraverso gli stessi sentieri non ho mai toccato il fondo una volta e sembra che forse ci siano quasi 5 mm di corsa sull'ammortizzatore sinistro. La progressione aggiunta dell'8% è evidente per aiutare a prevenire i bottom out e allo stesso tempo l'ammortizzatore si sente più reattivo e più fluido durante tutta la corsa. Quindi la nuova configurazione ora prevede due riduttori di volume, in meno rispetto a tre, e 20 psi in più con le impostazioni di compressione ed estensione lasciate invariate. Se su grandi gocce, cosa che non ho ancora fatto, trovo che sto toccando il fondo, sembra che potrei aggiungere più aria per irrigidire la molla, poiché la corsa ora sembra molto più liscia e meno rampicante. Questo è strano perché la nuova cinematica ora ha aggiunto più progressione per aumentare di più, ma sembra molto meglio e meno come se stesse aumentando rispetto alla configurazione precedente. Ad ogni modo, sono molto contento di questo acquisto in quanto ha aggiunto quell'ultimo pezzo alla sospensione che era necessaria. Vorrei che la bici arrivasse in questo modo di serie. e allo stesso tempo l'ammortizzatore si sente più reattivo e più fluido durante la corsa. Quindi la nuova configurazione ora prevede due riduttori di volume, in meno rispetto a tre, e 20 psi in più con le impostazioni di compressione ed estensione lasciate invariate. Se su grandi gocce, cosa che non ho ancora fatto, trovo che sto toccando il fondo, sembra che potrei aggiungere più aria per irrigidire la molla, poiché la corsa ora sembra molto più liscia e meno rampicante. Questo è strano perché la nuova cinematica ora ha aggiunto più progressione per aumentare di più, ma sembra molto meglio e meno come se stesse aumentando rispetto alla configurazione precedente. Ad ogni modo, sono molto contento di questo acquisto in quanto ha aggiunto quell'ultimo pezzo alla sospensione che era necessaria. Vorrei che la bici arrivasse in questo modo di serie. e allo stesso tempo l'ammortizzatore si sente più reattivo e più fluido durante la corsa. Quindi la nuova configurazione ora prevede due riduttori di volume, in meno rispetto a tre, e 20 psi in più con le impostazioni di compressione ed estensione lasciate invariate. Se su grandi gocce, cosa che non ho ancora fatto, trovo che sto toccando il fondo, sembra che potrei aggiungere più aria per irrigidire la molla, poiché la corsa ora sembra molto più liscia e meno rampicante. Questo è strano perché la nuova cinematica ora ha aggiunto più progressione per aumentare di più, ma sembra molto meglio e meno come se stesse aumentando rispetto alla configurazione precedente. Ad ogni modo, sono molto contento di questo acquisto in quanto ha aggiunto quell'ultimo pezzo alla sospensione che era necessaria. Vorrei che la bici arrivasse in questo modo di serie. e 20 psi in più con le impostazioni di compressione ed estensione sono rimaste le stesse. Se su grandi gocce, cosa che non ho ancora fatto, trovo che sto toccando il fondo, sembra che potrei aggiungere più aria per irrigidire la molla, poiché la corsa ora sembra molto più liscia e meno rampicante. Questo è strano perché la nuova cinematica ora ha aggiunto più progressione per aumentare di più, ma sembra molto meglio e meno come se stesse aumentando rispetto alla configurazione precedente. Ad ogni modo, sono molto contento di questo acquisto in quanto ha aggiunto quell'ultimo pezzo alla sospensione che era necessaria. Vorrei che la bici arrivasse in questo modo di serie. e 20 psi in più con le impostazioni di compressione ed estensione sono rimaste le stesse. Se su grandi gocce, cosa che non ho ancora fatto, trovo che sto toccando il fondo, sembra che potrei aggiungere più aria per irrigidire la molla, poiché la corsa ora sembra molto più liscia e meno rampicante. Questo è strano perché la nuova cinematica ora ha aggiunto più progressione per aumentare di più, ma sembra molto meglio e meno come se stesse aumentando rispetto alla configurazione precedente. Ad ogni modo, sono molto contento di questo acquisto in quanto ha aggiunto quell'ultimo pezzo alla sospensione che era necessaria. Vorrei che la bici arrivasse in questo modo di serie. Questo è strano perché la nuova cinematica ora ha aggiunto più progressione per aumentare di più, ma sembra molto meglio e meno come se stesse aumentando rispetto alla configurazione precedente. Ad ogni modo, sono molto contento di questo acquisto in quanto ha aggiunto quell'ultimo pezzo alla sospensione che era necessaria. Vorrei che la bici arrivasse in questo modo di serie. Questo è strano perché la nuova cinematica ora ha aggiunto più progressione per aumentare di più, ma sembra molto meglio e meno come se stesse aumentando rispetto alla configurazione precedente. Ad ogni modo, sono molto contento di questo acquisto in quanto ha aggiunto quell'ultimo pezzo alla sospensione che era necessaria. Vorrei che la bici arrivasse in questo modo di serie.
[/CITAZIONE]
posso chiederti quanto hai chiuso/aperto compressioni e resi? grazie

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Inverness
I finally purchased the cascade link and have had a couple of rides on it now. Three things became apparent on these rides. Firstly, more traction. The backend sticks to the ground better than the regular linkage. This may be due to the new kinematics or that I have one less volume reducer installed, which ever it is, it’s quite noticeable. Secondly, it feels more plush throughout the stroke now. Again that could be due to one less volume reducer, not sure. I also have 20 more psi in the shock with the new links installed to have the same sag as before. I ran to 220 psi to achieve 30% sag I now run 240 psi to achieve the same sag setting. And thirdly, it feels more bottomless now. Through the same trails I never bottomed out once and it looks like there’s maybe close to 5 mm of stroke on the shock left. The added 8% progression is noticeable to help prevent bottom outs, and at the same time the shock feels more reactive and smoother throughout the stroke. So the new set up now is two volume reducers, down from three, and 20 more psi with compression and rebound settings left the same. If on big drops, which I haven’t done yet, I find that I’m bottoming out it seems that I could add more air to stiffen the spring, as the stroke now feels much smoother and less rampy. This is strange because the new kinematics now have added more progression to ramp up more, but it feels so much better and less like it’s ramping up compared to the previous set up. Anyways, I’m very happy with this purchase as it’s added that last little bit to the suspension that was needed. I wish the bike came this way stock.
That’s good to hear as I have a cascade link on the way, was supposed to be delivered today but not going to happen with the postal strike. I have their link on my SB150 and my SB130, it made a pretty noticeable difference on both of those bikes. I was going back and forth between the long shock kit and the standard link but decided on the standard in the end.

SteveRS

Jun 9, 2022
British Columbia Canada
That’s good to hear as I have a cascade link on the way, was supposed to be delivered today but not going to happen with the postal strike. I have their link on my SB150 and my SB130, it made a pretty noticeable difference on both of those bikes. I was going back and forth between the long shock kit and the standard link but decided on the standard in the end.
I doubt you’ll be disappointed. I’ve had about 4 rides on it now and love it. All the support I need and still nice and supple. Hucked about an 8+ footer to a very rough landing and it got very close to bottoming out, which is just about where I want it to be. On the original link that drop was always a hard bottom out. So it’ll take stuff like that, and yet be supple enough to give great traction as well. It would be interesting to test the long shock kit too, but I’m very satisfied with this one.

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy

probably, it's depend by the frame size, in my s2 has 2 volume spacers on fox 38 performance elite, in TL expert

SteveRS

Jun 9, 2022
British Columbia Canada
probably, it's depend by the frame size, in my s2 has 2 volume spacers on fox 38 performance elite, in TL expert

When it comes to Fox assembly quality control you never know what you’re going to get. They have to be one of the worst offenders in the industry presently. The Fox suspension that’s on my bike performs very well after addressing their quality control issues, but knowing what I know now, along with my own personal experiences with Fox products, I would never buy any of their products again.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles