Other 2022 Rail - anyone using/tried Rockshox Deluxe Air shock (MY23)?

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Have a 2022 Rail 5 with Pike Ultimate forks (TF Tuned) with 160mm upgrade and Rockshox deluxe Select+ shock with Megneg upgrade. Thinking about upgrading the shock with Rockshox Deluxe Air (230x57.5), anyone tried it? Could upgrade to Ohlins coil but really don't want to chuck money at it - as long as the shock is as good as the forks then that's fine by me.

Ride single-track, XC, bike parks, Ti in shoulder, damaged ACL, and age (8 grandchildren) limit my ambitions. But raced motorcycles on closed circuits for 10 years so don't back off.

Would I see/feel much gain of the new shock over the shock I now have?

Edit: am 1.78/5'10", 79kg/174lb

Last edited:

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I did the Lyric upgrade on my Yari 160mm fork. Big difference, especially the adjustments. Installing the 170mm air spring upgrade next. I’m not sure what kind of upgrades are available for the Pike but I like the upgrade I did for the Yari.
The Lyric stickers were a big mistake though …70 “friggen” dollars 🙄. Lesson learned.

8 grandchildren eh? Same here …2 more on the way.

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Forgot, have 9 grandchildren + step grand child. And a great-grand child. Been married for 40 years. To 3 different women. 3rd time lucky as the saying goes.

Now about the Rockshox Deluxe Air ...

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Talked with Mike @ TF Tuned this morning.

To get a large improvement over the Rockshox Deluxe Select+ with Megneg would probably need to spend upwards of £700. Don't want to do that with a bike that will probably be replaced in a couple of years. Agreed that best to play with tokens, negative rings, and air pressure to squeeze a bit more from the shock which tbh works pretty well for what I do.

Thanks Mike (y)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles