Levo Gen 2 2020 Turbo Levo (Base) Fork Service/Upgrade?

Bertquist

Sep 9, 2019
Alabama
2020 Turbo Levo (base) almost a year old and now has almost 2000 miles.
Im finally getting my Fork serviced and was curious if there are any upgrades available for this fork?
Forgive me for my ignorance but I’m not positive Exactly what Rockshox fork iis but it’s the OE fork.
I’m pretty sure it’s the 35 Gold ?

thanks in advance for any advice

Bert

thewrx

Sep 4, 2019
US
Nope, not any readily available for that base model RS fork, other than servicing it and making sure the oil levels are correct, negative/positive air chambers are balanced, using tokens if needed, making sure stanchions are super slick, and replacing seals with all new ones. Outside of that would save up for a Lyrik or Fox factory 36 or 38.

congerball

Jun 3, 2019
Yorkshire UK
If you download the rockshox trailhead app, you can then enter your fork serial number and it’ll tell you exactly what model you have, it’ll also have all the PDF’s for servicing etc. You can use the website too RockShox Setup Guide | SRAM
The serial number is under the fork where it enters the frame ?

I had the RockShox Sektors on my base model, now have the Pike Select....chalk and cheese...what a difference it made to the bike. Keep an eye out in the for sale section there’s always some ‘bargain’ Lyrics, Pikes or Fox ?

...or ride them hard and hope something breaks ? then play warranty roulette and see what you get....I got lucky?

Last edited:

Ferd

Nov 30, 2020
CA
Man, I wish I could help you and say yeah because it would be really weird for a Charger damper to not just fit right in like they do on other forks with 35 stanchions. If you've got a buddy with that Charger damper you might just try and see. It only takes removing the lower bolt. The lowers don't need to come off to swap dampers. Definitely worth a try if you've got one available to work with as the OEM damper is pretty bad.. in my opinion.
(That said, the charger damper is pricey and you might just look for a second hand well maintained Pike or Lyrik or Float 36.)

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
Surely most cost effective to upgrade to "comp" spec. lyrik/deluxe select+ on the back. People upgrade and sell nearly new ones. I'm in the UK but I bought a spare nearly new lyrik select and deluxe select+ for £400.

These seem specific to levo so you would be looking for a person with another levo selling theirs.

Bertquist

Sep 9, 2019
Alabama
A 180mm Fox 38 won’t work on my 2020 Turbo Levo will it?(just trying to be sure, I have a friend with a new pull off for a bargain)

Bertquist

Sep 9, 2019
Alabama
Thanks for the reply.

I have a friend with a new pull off Fox 38.
It has 42mm offset instead of 51mm offset like the Rockshox 35 Gold fork that came on the bike factory.

42mm offset instead of 51 won’t really be a huge change?

I can get the 38 for $700 and the 160 air shaft upgrade will be another $125 or so...

Bertquist

Sep 9, 2019
Alabama
Fox 38, 42mm offset installed. Love it.
Now I need to either upgrade the rear shock.
Rockshox Deluxe Select.
Thinking of adding a Meg Neg but would prefer to upgrade to a better shock. Considering Fox DPS?
Thanks for any input

EME

MUPPET
Aug 14, 2020
Zug
Fox 38, 42mm offset installed. Love it.
Now I need to either upgrade the rear shock.
Rockshox Deluxe Select.
Thinking of adding a Meg Neg but would prefer to upgrade to a better shock. Considering Fox DPS?
Thanks for any input
I started with a Deluxe Select + and it was easy and VERY worthwhile, I thought the only difference was that your model was permanently Open , ( which mine always is ) so no difference. I am sure someone else or SRAM will confirm or dispute..

Bertquist

Sep 9, 2019
Alabama
I started with a Deluxe Select + and it was easy and VERY worthwhile, I thought the only difference was that your model was permanently Open , ( which mine always is ) so no difference. I am sure someone else or SRAM will confirm or dispute..

Thanks for the reply.
You are correct, Deluxe Select only has dampener adjustment. Does not have 3 position lever like Deluxe Select +.
I like not having the lever because my old ass always forgot to unlock the shock after locking...

Are you still able to use the water bottle cage after the Meg Neg upgrade?

EME

MUPPET
Aug 14, 2020
Zug
Are you still able to use the water bottle cage after the Meg Neg upgrade?
Absolutely. Nowhere near it. image.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles