Levo Gen 2 2020 Levo - Chainstay/Seatstay Protectors - Part #s ??

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
Looking to replace some of the plastic-like chainstay/seatstay protector pieces but can't seem to find a diagram and/or part numbers....

SteveRS

Jun 9, 2022
British Columbia Canada
This is what I use, and it’s super cheap.

78AE4F4E-B4B0-4124-992D-88F1864B1F2C.jpeg

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
How thick is the Scotchgard product? The Shesh guards are pretty thick. I think they prevent some chain slap noise as well as providing paint protection.

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
Thanks. I was kinda hoping to replace with the pre-cut/fitted stock ones....

SteveRS

Jun 9, 2022
British Columbia Canada
How thick is the Scotchgard product? The Shesh guards are pretty thick. I think they prevent some chain slap noise as well as providing paint protection.
I wouldn’t use it for chain slap. Our bikes come with a thick rubber to deal with chain slab. This product is just to protect from branches or rocks flying up from the tires etc. just like the original product. This product is not as thick as the piece that’s on the downtube. That needs to be thicker because of the direct hits from rocks off the front tire. It does appear to be about the same thickness as the rest of the protection that’s all the seat stays etc.

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
My '19 Levo (carbon front, alloy rear) doesn't have that piece of plastic. I've never noticed it on newer models. Looks like you're in the US - I'd give amaincycling a call. They've been a good source of Spesh service parts for me.

Edit to say no affiliation whatsoever, just a satisfied customer.

1-833-237-7075

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
My '19 Levo (carbon front, alloy rear) doesn't have that piece of plastic. I've never noticed it on newer models. Looks like you're in the US - I'd give amaincycling a call. They've been a good source of Spesh service parts for me.

Edit to say no affiliation whatsoever, just a satisfied customer.

1-833-237-7075

Thanks.
I've purchased from them before and had good luck.
Emailed them and they were able to provide this.
Looks like you have to buy the whole kit though.

Was hoping to get the yoke protector as mine turned gooey, and it's a spot that sees a bit of chain slap....

Protectors.jpg

kwolfkill

Jan 17, 2021
Washington, USA
You might also be able to fashion something similar to that yoke protector out of 3M mastic tape (#2228). While it works best when wrapped to itself, I've also stuck it directly to chainstays and seatstays of several bikes with good chain slap protection results.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles