2020 Levo accelerates faster than the 2020 Kenevo???

M blapplejuice

May 27, 2020
I recently tested the 2020 Kenevo and it seemed to accelerate slightly slower that the Levo. I own the 2019 Levo Expert so I'm pretty familiar with that. Has anyone else noticed this? I know the 29" wheels make a difference with wheel speed, but I would have thought that the motor would compensate. Any thoughts?

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
I recently tested the 2020 Kenevo and it seemed to accelerate slightly slower that the Levo. I own the 2019 Levo Expert so I'm pretty familiar with that. Has anyone else noticed this? I know the 29" wheels make a difference with wheel speed, but I would have thought that the motor would compensate. Any thoughts?
Too hard to tell if your asselerometer is calibrated correctly. In theory the 27.5 wheels should spin up quicker but without doing back to back testing the fastest one could be the one you think is fastest.

thewildblue

Feb 14, 2019
Bucks
My 2019 Expert feels much faster than my 2020 Kenevo Comp, but only when lugging it on the road the Kenevos shorter gearing really does show itself and feels like its out of "puff" too quickly. Off road where its most important Ive found no issues. Both bikes are running the same settings in blevo/mission control.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.

I've got the 2020 Levo Expert, tried the 2020 Kenevo Expert, it felt definitely slower from a standstill and also from around 10mph. Both derestricted. I put it down to the weight.

thewildblue

Feb 14, 2019
Bucks
I've got the 2020 Levo Expert, tried the 2020 Kenevo Expert, it felt definitely slower from a standstill and also from around 10mph. Both derestricted. I put it down to the weight.
The weight will make no difference. Its final drive. I would imagine with a 36T front sprocket it would feel the same. Interestingly my friends 20 Kenevo Expert had what felt like the most powerful motor off road, even with shuttle turned down. That's between 4 x 2019 Levos and 2 X 2020 Kenevos that we owned between us.

Put the 27.5 x 2.6 alongside the 29 x 2.6 and look at the height difference, this will impact your final drive.

Also on really steep hills the Kenevo can sit in a slightly higher gear than the levo...again final drive ratio.

If you've ever messed around with different wheel & tyre sizes on cars its amazing what a difference they make to acceleration.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
The weight will make no difference. Its final drive. I would imagine with a 36T front sprocket it would feel the same. Interestingly my friends 20 Kenevo Expert had what felt like the most powerful motor off road, even with shuttle turned down. That's between 4 x 2019 Levos and 2 X 2020 Kenevos that we owned between us.

Put the 27.5 x 2.6 alongside the 29 x 2.6 and look at the height difference, this will impact your final drive.

Also on really steep hills the Kenevo can sit in a slightly higher gear than the levo...again final drive ratio.

If you've ever messed around with different wheel & tyre sizes on cars its amazing what a difference they make to acceleration.

Yes good point, forgot to say my Levo has a 36T ?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Lighter, 29 inch wheels, yes its faster accelerating, maybe not for the initial take off, but once you get going definitely.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles