2020 esommet vrs fox 36 query

HampshireSam

Jan 17, 2020
Hampshire
Does anyone know if the fox 36 fork on the 2020 e sommet vrs is ebike tuned or optimised?
Looking to service it. Wondering if it's just a normal 36 with a tune or is it the beefed up variant with the 34 internals.

Typing the 4 digit ID code into fox website states its a 29er with 150mm travel which it definitely isn't.

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
If you look at vitus site it
Does anyone know if the fox 36 fork on the 2020 e sommet vrs is ebike tuned or optimised?
Looking to service it. Wondering if it's just a normal 36 with a tune or is it the beefed up variant with the 34 internals.

Typing the 4 digit ID code into fox website states its a 29er with 150mm travel which it definitely isn't.

if you look at vitus website it says Fox Float 36 Performance eBike.

I have a 2020 VRS and have serviced my fork just like a regular 36.

Vitus E-Sommet VRS – Vitus Bikes - Firefox Developer Edition_2022-02-22_14-18-48.jpg

HampshireSam

Jan 17, 2020
Hampshire
If you look at vitus site it

if you look at vitus website it says Fox Float 36 Performance eBike.

I have a 2020 VRS and have serviced my fork just like a regular 36.

View attachment 82670
Thanks for the reply,
I appreciate it says 'ebike' id seen that but that doesn't make it clear if its just an ebike tune or actually an ebike fork with the thicker stanchions etc.
It's exactly what led me to asking the question, if it hadn't said 'ebike' I'd of just assumed it was a normal 36.
The fact you've serviced yours is helpful and hopefully means mines the same.
Thanks again

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
Thanks for the reply,
I appreciate it says 'ebike' id seen that but that doesn't make it clear if its just an ebike tune or actually an ebike fork with the thicker stanchions etc.
It's exactly what led me to asking the question, if it hadn't said 'ebike' I'd of just assumed it was a normal 36.
The fact you've serviced yours is helpful and hopefully means mines the same.
Thanks again

after a bit of googling I seem to find the answer, and it is a regular fox 36 that is e-bike tuned. to me it is still a bit misleading when vitus themselves write that it is a fox 36 e-bike. why not just write that it is e-bike tuned.

Screenshot_20220222-190208_Samsung Internet.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles