2020 Brose better than 2019

Frank_Denmark

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Dec 17, 2018
Denmark
My 2018 Levo have worked perfectly and the motor is both smooth and silent (y)
Anyways - I consider getting a new Levo, but the troubles with the 2019 Brose motors make me nervous.

Do You find the 2020 Brose more reliable than the 2019 - even if the motors are the same ?

Last edited:

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
Specialized said for the 2021 Levo they will continue to use the Brose motor, Only the SL is going to the Mahle/Creo Motor

If we believe this is yet to be known but this was from the UK SL launch day thing.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Specialized said for the 2021 Levo they will continue to use the Brose motor, Only the SL is going to the Mahle/Creo Motor

If we believe this is yet to be known but this was from the UK SL launch day thing.
Of course they will say that whilst they have Brose powered bikes on the shop floor - stating anything else would instantly devalue that stock. It’s very clear from that video that Spec do not have a relationship with Brose that allows them to materially influence the direction of the product, hence why they have struck up the partnership with Mahle. If that motor is reliable and successful in the SL - and it looks to me like they have designed in some headroom in terms of wattage - then I think it is a shoe in for the next Levo and probably Kenevo too.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles