Levo Gen 2 2019 Gen2 Levo 12 speed1

Clyde Crashup

May 19, 2024
Colorado
As in the title, this is a report on upgrading the Levo 2nd gen to 12 speed eagle! Yes, it is possible. Yes, it does work. Yes, it is not terribly difficult.

I procured X01 Shifter and X01 Rear derailleur. These parts bolt right on, as will other grades of SRAM 12 speed items. Make sure and get the rear derailleur that mounts to a hanger, not UDH model.

GX-1275 cassette 10-52 for xd driver
CN-eagle-gx-a1w 12 speed chain

Remove rear wheel, rear cassette, shifter and chain

Install rear derailleur and shifter. Thread new shifter cable through existing housings.

Now for the xd driver part….DT Swiss FW1923. This is the 3 pawl model that fits right to roval hub very easily.

And finally the end cap. It seems that it is nearly impossible to find a driver with an end cap, so this part needs to be located separately. And this is the most frustrating part of the process, as this little simple spun aluminum cap costs $50usd! You will toss your original one…it will not work! DTSwiss part HWGXXX00S3188S

Install cassette and chain, adjust, and ride!

clearance for everything, shifts fine, and now forward compatibility with new drive chains! Or if you prefer, Bobs your uncle!

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
I upgraded mine Gen2 Levo from x11 to Eagle Axs GX (cassette is NX Eagle to keep it compatible with Shimano HG driver) more than 3 years ago and I never looked back to mechanical shifting, Axs offers snappy, fast and crisp shifting ... And it is very reliable and robust too, it didn't let me down not even a single time. Already replaced two bent hangers, but derailleur still works as on day one.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles