18 Levo Shock issues

caterhamnut

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
South West
As fitted, I have the '18 Levo (Carbon Comp) shock that has the 'auto sag' feature.
On my first one (!) the lock-out was screwed, so LBS swapped it out under warranty with no issue - at the time (about 6mth ago) Specialized had changed the replacement shock to a different model, which did not have the auto-sag (don't have all the names in front of me!)but I wanted the auto-sag feature, so LBS gave me one from another Levo (thumbs up to LBS) - but now I have noticed the lock-out has gone again, and I seem to have to reset the sag (pump up) every other ride - grrrrr - anyone else had similar issues? I am sure the LBS will do another warranty job, but PIA....

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
I would switch to a new model when there are so many problems. The manufacturer has not changed the model without reason.
Ok, you loose the auto sag, but still

caterhamnut

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
South West
Yep - inclined to agree - the autosag is only convenient because I have to use it all the time (if you see what I mean!!) - a working shock won't need all the fiddling :) - at the time of the first replacement my feeling was 'I paid for that feature, I want it....' but now. I'm not really a bike fiddler :)eek:) - I tend to 'set and forget' so the constant re-setting is now a pain!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles