Levo Gen 2 100% acceleration setting a problem?

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
Hey everyone, I'm on my third motor just replaced recently. Right from the get-go the run-on was excessive for 2-3 seconds as I powered up and over a wet, slippery log/moss covered rock step-up and paused the peddaling pressure to prevent rear wheel spin out while climbing ultra-steeps in turbo mode. At first I thought I was sent a defective motor but then my subconscious was screaming at me "No Doofus, remember when you read something in the forum years ago that said try turning the acceleration down in Mission Control?" Sure enough default was 100%. Set it to 40% and problem solved.
It has occurred to me that this excessive run-on might be one cause of motors continuing to encounter belt failure, but I don't remember reading this. Not hearing of that many motor failures nowadays and wondering if the replacement motors are coming with a stronger belt or not yet.
I have taken to riding everywhere in Turbo on our trails both uphill and downhill for the incredible thrill factor but also to improve my reflexes in responding to the quickness and power of turbo mode, so I am probably a good test dummy for when warranty replacement motors will be coming with all of the new improvements even though I am a lightweight. But it struck me that even though they have evened out the Turbo surges in the software, if many riders are using acceleration at 100% wouldn't those surges also lead to belt failures since everyone's cadence comes almost to a standstill in the situation I described above? I wonder if @Bearing Man has an opinion on this?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles