£1,000 Accessory Budget

ABow_247

Apr 30, 2023
Cardiff
Hey!

Have bought an E-Bike (Levo Comp Alloy) and have up to £1,000 to use through the Cycle to Work scheme to purchase accessories.

I plan to get a new helmet, goggles and some spare inner tubes.

I have a few allen key sets, a fork pump and standard pump. Is there anything else you’d recommend getting? Anything that no one really thinks about until they need it?

Bike racks for the car or most digital tech isn’t included. Also open to component upgrades you’d suggest for those who know the Levo build.

Cheers :)

Andy__C

Apr 11, 2020
South Wales
Nice budget for toys!

Would add some spares- tyres, chain, maintenance stuff like lube, grease.

Do you plan on doing some of your own maintenance? Like air can and fork lower service? You could get the tools and oils to do those.

Bike stand.

Fresh knee and elbow pads. Some new riding pants, jacket, Jerseys.

Decent pedals. Bike lock

Great budget for upgrades! I personally would focus on weight reduction and higher-end components. A few upgrades that come to mind:
  • Carbon handlebar (e.g deity, oneup, raceface)
  • Better saddle (like one from Ergon)
  • May be shorter, lighter cranks (160mm, from Hope, Raceface,..)
  • Definitely a better chain (sram XX1)
  • Light alu pedals of course
  • Upgraded tyres
Have fun!

beanzz

Feb 7, 2023
United Kingdom
My personal opinion is that with full fat ebikes, weight makes no difference. So just get the best/sturdiest upgrades possible, that you can use to the full potential

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Chain wear tool

Digital callipers ( just get cheap ones on amazon) for checking how worn disc rotors are. (manufactures website will list a minimum thickness that the rotors should be replaced at)

Halfords do a £40 torque wrench aimed at bicycles that comes with almost all the sockets you will need.

Get a track pump for at home if you don't have one, even a cheap one from argos will do great, much better than a hand pump, unless your wanting an electric pump to waste your budget on.

You may as well buy some spare tyres/brake pad already, they won't be getting any cheaper with inflation.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I got rid of my huge inner tubes (bulky and heavy) and replaced them with these:

Tiny and light. Lots of options and sizes.

See the pics showing the size comparison here at post #49

ABow_247

Apr 30, 2023
Cardiff
Cheers 👍

Unsure how widely known Cycle to Work is outside of the UK - basically have to have the full spend in one retailer up to the voucher value (I.e £1,000).

Unfortunately means no shopping around and sticking with one retailer like Tredz, Wiggle etc.

ABow_247

Apr 30, 2023
Cardiff
Thanks again for the suggestions - on a side note is there anyone that Upgrades and of the components? (Handlebars, wheels etc?)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles