Orbea dissapointed ??‍♂️

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
?? just letting you all know that the fucking over rated scrap ?
And there was I thinking that I quite fancied checking one out but I will go and find my barge pole immediately.

By the way this review, is it just scheduled for one season? If so how many episodes can we look forward to. Personally I’ll settle for a full sentence with a paragraph to be formed in the near future.

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
Well i guess its ok for going to the paper shop on. or puting a basket on the front and puting E.T in it but its 90% bingo club here they dont know difference between a horse or a pony ??

luna87824

E*POWAH Master
Jan 19, 2019
Just South of The Grand Canyon
Look at orbea fs wild m10 tday not for me all wait for my mondraker ??

View attachment 54352

View attachment 54353

View attachment 54354
Just orderd obera for march

D7024C5A-96E0-4A6F-88B9-9094D58408A8.png

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Op why don't you tell us what you don't like about the wild fs?

I could tell you a few minor areas of weakness from my few months of owning one so far.

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
I could tell you a few minor areas of weakness from my few months of owning one so far.
Can’t wait. After a thrilling episode one where Ripping G takes on the linguistic gymnastics that is the in depth review of a scrap pile, we finish with the duff duffs of a promising ownership review. I’m hooked and can’t wait for the next episode. C’mon @Mteam , we need more.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Can’t wait. After a thrilling episode one where Ripping G takes on the linguistic gymnastics that is the in depth review of a scrap pile, we finish with the duff duffs of a promising ownership review. I’m hooked and can’t wait for the next episode. C’mon @Mteam , we need more.
Need to hear rippin g take on it first before my kiss and tell story is made public.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
If I remember correctly, Ripping has previously revealed to us that he does actually have a "medical" condition. So, whilst he's obviously an intelligent and capable bloke (you only have to look at his bike photos) he often expresses himself maybe a little differently than many of us are used to.

James7475

Feb 13, 2021
UK
Op why don't you tell us what you don't like about the wild fs?

First off everyone, if Lolling is still a thing, lol lol lol lol?.

which areas don’t you like if you don’t mind me asking? I’ve just returned a Mondraker Dusk for a Wild FS H10 (both 2020 models) although it’s not arrived yet. I’m aware of the geometry and it suits my short upper body.

thanks in advance

Edd

Dec 19, 2018
Australia
And there was I thinking that I quite fancied checking one out but I will go and find my barge pole immediately.

By the way this review, is it just scheduled for one season? If so how many episodes can we look forward to. Personally I’ll settle for a full sentence with a paragraph to be formed in the near future.
I'm lost.... What are you trying to say! Just use the words, drop the euphemisms.
I'm interested in what you didn't like with the bike.

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
Hey Edd,

I too am lost as I am eagerly waiting for the review! I have not seen the bike. I am not the OP. ?‍♂️

The barge pole reference is an attempt at humour. Clearly it doesn’t travel well.

Euphemisms? If only I was that polite!

Reactions: Edd

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
First off everyone, if Lolling is still a thing, lol lol lol lol?.

which areas don’t you like if you don’t mind me asking? I’ve just returned a Mondraker Dusk for a Wild FS H10 (both 2020 models) although it’s not arrived yet. I’m aware of the geometry and it suits my short upper body.

thanks in advance

My comment above was a bit tongue in cheek - trying to get the OP to reveal why he thought the bike was so bad.

I've got one, the m team model (hence the user name), owned it for 6 months now, and on the whole its a great bike, it rides really well, plush like a downhill bike, handles nicely, really fast over rough stuff, faster than my 2018 capra by a long way, but no bike is perfect right? so If I was being critical I'd call out the following as negative points:-

1. The geo is quite conservative for a bike in 2021, reach is maybe a touch on the short side for the seat tube length and head angle is maybe a touch on the steep side. I've fitted a superstar components 2 degree slackset which has brought the head angle bang up to date. This is a really minor complaint though really, it does ride really well, and feels more stable than a none ebike of those geo numbers would. And geo is a really personal preference thing, so I feel a bit harsh mentioning this.

2. The orbea dropper seatpost is rubbish, I mean it works and seems reliable, but it gets sticky really quickly in wet weather and needs constant oiling to keep running nicely, this is easy to do though at least. And its quite stiff to push down with your backside. I think I'll be buying a different dropper soon.

3. The rear axle is a bolt thru axle, and the bit it bolts into is a loose kind of nut which sits in a recess in the frame ,but it can just fall out of the frame when you take the rear wheel out. If you're not aware of this it would be really easy to lose this part and end your day before it started. It also a bit fiddly to locate this loose nut back in the correct place once it has fallen out.

4. The battery cover rattles slightly, this can be easily fixed by sticking a bit of sticky backed rubber draft excluder on the inside of the cover at the bottom where it meets the frame.

That's about it ,all just minor annoyances really, I like the bike, I'd be interested to know why the OP thought it was just scrap, maybe he also didnt like the above aspects of it, but I wouldnt say they result in the bike being referred to as scrap.

Last edited:

James7475

Feb 13, 2021
UK
My comment above was a bit tongue in cheek - trying to get the OP to reveal why he thought the bike was so bad.

I've got one, the m team model (hence the user name), owned it for 6 months now, and on the whole its a great bike, it rides really well, plush like a downhill bike, handles nicely, really fast over rough stuff, faster than my 2018 capra by a long way, but no bike is perfect right? so If I was being critical I'd call out the following as negative points:-

1. The geo is quite conservative for a bike in 2021, reach is maybe a touch on the short side for the seat tube length and head angle is maybe a touch on the steep side. I've fitted a superstar components 2 degree slackset which has brought the head angle bang up to date. This is a really minor complaint though really, it does ride really well, and feels more stable than a none ebike of those geo numbers would. And geo is a really personal preference thing, so I feel a bit harsh mentioning this.

2. The orbea dropper seatpost is rubbish, I mean it works and seems reliable, but it gets sticky really quickly in wet weather and needs constant oiling to keep running nicely, this is easy to do though at least. And its quite stiff to push down with your backside. I think I'll be buying a different dropper soon.

3. The rear axle is a bolt thru axle, and the bit it bolts into is a loose kind of nut which sits in a recess in the frame ,but it can just fall out of the frame when you take the rear wheel out. If you're not aware of this it would be really easy to lose this part and end your day before it started. It also a bit fiddly to locate this loose nut back in the correct place once it has fallen out.

4. The battery cover rattles slightly, this can be easily fixed by sticking a bit of sticky backed rubber draft excluder on the inside of the cover at the bottom where it meets the frame.

That's about it ,all just minor annoyances really, I like the bike, I'd be interested to know why the OP thought it was just scrap, maybe he also didnt like the above aspects of it, but I wouldnt say they result in the bike being referred to as scrap.
Thanks for the really detailed reply!! I’m short and have even shorter body proportions so the reach works for me. Thanks for the headset solution....I’ll see how it initially handles for me though as I’m no shredder!!

Motoxfreak

Oct 5, 2018
San Antonio, Texas

Always interesting to find out what others like and dislike. I have also purchased an M10 which rivals my S-Works Levo with an Astoria EXT shock and fork. I have had a huge run on ebikes that I bought and sold and kept the ones that I really favor. The day I took out the Orbea for the first time, I put one of my other bikes up for sale. Bikes I have had this last 18 months. 2019 and 2020 Kenevo, 2018 Levo, 2019 Levo S-Works, 2020 Norco sight VLT 27.5, Trek Rail 9.7. Most of these I upgraded heavily to see what I could get from them.
I still have 2020 Kenevo, 2019 S-Works, and the Orbea M-10, so I do have some comparisons that are strictly my opinion obviously.
Here is what I do and dont like about the Orbea
Likes-believe it or not, the Fox Performance 38 and rear shock work nicely together and I am a heavy rider. I can move this bike in the air so well and be confident with the landing.
the Bosch motor has a power delivery like no other and its very quiet. Not the most powerful, but the way it delivers power is smooth and natural. I pretty much just ride in EMTB all day and unless I am climbing tech or descending I hardly have to change power levels or gears.
The fit and finish of the bike is amazing. While I originally wanted the orange, I got the grey and black one and am extremely happy with the appearance. I changed the seat post out the day I got it for an AXS Reverb as I have on all my bikes so I cant rate the OEM post.
What I dont like so much
1. the stupid wheel magnet (which was supposed to be changed for the 2021 FS Wild but mine was not. I got the spoke magnet (yuck)
2. I am not even sure if this is going to be a problem, but the way that the battery cover attaches is extremely small and looks fragile. (I am tempted to put clear tape or frame protection across it to make sure I dont lose it and run over it on the trail.
3. the cover for the power port makes me want to put a sharp stick in my eye. Its awful! Sometimes I get so frustrated with it I am tempted to just leave it off. I will tell you if you also have this problem, put a bit of electrical lube on it and it finally slides in pretty easy
4. Last but not least, as EVERYONE knows except Bosch, the damn power controller is just nasty. I am amazed that they have not got it right after so long and its pretty much public opinion that its awful and we need a more direct and minimal controller.
I think thats about it. I LOVE the FS Wild. Thanks for the idea on make the battery cover to not rattle. I was not sure thats where the rattle was coming from, but I will check that out.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
1. the stupid wheel magnet (which was supposed to be changed for the 2021 FS Wild but mine was not. I got the spoke magnet (yuck)
2. I am not even sure if this is going to be a problem, but the way that the battery cover attaches is extremely small and looks fragile. (I am tempted to put clear tape or frame protection across it to make sure I dont lose it and run over it on the trail.
3. the cover for the power port makes me want to put a sharp stick in my eye. Its awful! Sometimes I get so frustrated with it I am tempted to just leave it off. I will tell you if you also have this problem, put a bit of electrical lube on it and it finally slides in pretty easy
4. Last but not least, as EVERYONE knows except Bosch, the damn power controller is just nasty. I am amazed that they have not got it right after so long and its pretty much public opinion that its awful and we need a more direct and minimal controller.
I think thats about it. I LOVE the FS Wild. Thanks for the idea on make the battery cover to not rattle. I was not sure thats where the rattle was coming from, but I will check that out.

yep - valid points I reckon - I deliberately didnt mention anything relating to the motor system, like the controller and the charging cover, as any bosch bike will have the same problem. But yes agree that bosch really need to bring out a minimal controller and display, they'd sell loads I reckon.

The spoke mounted speed magnet is an interesting one, when I got the bike I didnt like the idea of it, but having lived with it for a few months it hasnt caused any issues at all , and it does mean I can change brake discs without worrying about compatibility, and there are quite a few tales from people who do have brake disc mounted magnets of them getting covered in metal shavings from the brake pads and giving errors etc. So overall I'm quite happy with it where it is, although it does look a bit odd.

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
I think the 21 models have this speed sensor system ,well mine does, I suppose the downside of this is that the magnet clamp/bracket goes onto the centre lock nut so you would have to stick with center lock disks but you'd have a better choice of disks to choose from ?

Screenshot_2021-03-08-09-12-13-08_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d319333948.jpg

James7475

Feb 13, 2021
UK
Always interesting to find out what others like and dislike. I have also purchased an M10 which rivals my S-Works Levo with an Astoria EXT shock and fork. I have had a huge run on ebikes that I bought and sold and kept the ones that I really favor. The day I took out the Orbea for the first time, I put one of my other bikes up for sale. Bikes I have had this last 18 months. 2019 and 2020 Kenevo, 2018 Levo, 2019 Levo S-Works, 2020 Norco sight VLT 27.5, Trek Rail 9.7. Most of these I upgraded heavily to see what I could get from them.
I still have 2020 Kenevo, 2019 S-Works, and the Orbea M-10, so I do have some comparisons that are strictly my opinion obviously.
Here is what I do and dont like about the Orbea
Likes-believe it or not, the Fox Performance 38 and rear shock work nicely together and I am a heavy rider. I can move this bike in the air so well and be confident with the landing.
the Bosch motor has a power delivery like no other and its very quiet. Not the most powerful, but the way it delivers power is smooth and natural. I pretty much just ride in EMTB all day and unless I am climbing tech or descending I hardly have to change power levels or gears.
The fit and finish of the bike is amazing. While I originally wanted the orange, I got the grey and black one and am extremely happy with the appearance. I changed the seat post out the day I got it for an AXS Reverb as I have on all my bikes so I cant rate the OEM post.
What I dont like so much
Another cracking response thanks

Motoxfreak

Oct 5, 2018
San Antonio, Texas
I think the 21 models have this speed sensor system ,well mine does, I suppose the downside of this is that the magnet clamp/bracket goes onto the centre lock nut so you would have to stick with center lock disks but you'd have a better choice of disks to choose from ?

View attachment 55137
I have a 2021, and my disappointingly came with a wheel magnet. Not sure if they had a first run without the center lock magnets, but I am so bummed about it even though it is a little thing. Interesting that you have it too.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles