Loose charging port

roarnico

Jan 30, 2022
Sjøholt, Norway
Hi! Just bought myself a 2022 Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 TM after riding Giant eMTBs for the last five years. Absolutely loving this bike, but also a little disappointed about the charging port coming loose after the second charge. Anyone heard of this problem? Are the charging port new on the Bosch "Smart System"? My LBS had never heard of it.. They will off course have to repair it, but do anyone have a quickfix? Is this a known issue on Cube ebikes?
20220126_170811.jpg

Last edited:

leix_toffee

Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
Probably not enough of these out there yet to see this type of issue. It’s a little annoying on a new bike. Hope it’s not a sign of build quality on 2022 (my 2021 has been okay).

Smythson

Dec 27, 2021
Uk
I had the same on my 21. They over torqued the screws and split the receiving piece on the inside of the frame. Did the same on the bashguard and fittings. In all fairness they did replace the broken pieces but it took a couple of months.

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
Same on my 22 SL, but on third charge :ROFLMAO:
It will get fixed by the shop; it did feel flimsy from the first charge, so might have come compromised already...

Stefaan

Sep 24, 2018
Belgium
Had the same problem with my 2022 action team. Went back to the store. They fixt it. No problems now. Its a common problem with the charging port of the cube’s.

Ballynoes

Nov 15, 2018
Scotland
Same on my new Hybrid 140, second charge and it came out. :(

I'm quite a distance from the shop I bought it from so had a wee look. See picture attached.

It's essentially held in with 4 (poor quality) plastic tangs, which you can see from the picture are easy to pull past.

I took the two screws out, clipped it back in and wrapped a bit of insulating tape round them. Hole is too neat to get a cable tie round.

Screwed it back in, now nice and tight, it's all down to the flimsy plastic tangs.

Feels nice and secure now.

20220315_174735.jpg

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
I did exactly the same thing this morning! Amazing how flimsy the tangs are; how would they suppose they'd hold that thing, especially being the charger's cable so snug?
In any case, i think the tape will be enough to keep the tangs in place; and i'll be extra careful when unplugging.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles